Chapter Forty-one: Float Like a Butterfly, Cling like an Octopus

~Chapter Forty-one: Float Like a Butterfly, Cling Like an Octopus~

After being released from the hospital, Felix and I had walked to his chambers - our chambers now, I guess - but if he said anything to me on the way, I cannot remember, which means I probably did not answer if he did. Considering that he looked more tired than I felt, though, if he did say anything, I doubt it was too important. I imagine there will be some sort of an interrogation some time in the next day or two about what happened, but...but Veles assured Felix and Atasah that the castle was well protected from unwelcome teleportation before he left, and that probably means that the situation is a little less urgent now - un-urgent enough that the king had not immediately left to finish more work after making sure I got to his rooms safely.

Still, not sure how they knew teleportation was involved when I haven't said anything, but maybe it is a god thing to just know random stuff.

No matter how they knew, though, the castle is apparently protected, and that had set my mind at ease enough that I was able to to take a brief nap to shake off my exhaustion, as the odds of Triton being able to teleport into whatever room I am is apparently drastically lower now. Not that it should really matter a second time unless Jackson decides to go to the Greek gods for assistance, which I kind of doubt. In his anger - he is probably so angry that I was taken right under his nose - he will probably just try to track me down with Ahanu since Jackson had let it slip at one point that the bond acts a bit like a radar when the sire is close enough to their nestling.

Which would have been bad escape-wise, but it might help keep them occupied for a while...so long as they don't figure out that it was a god who stole me from them, that is.

After all, if they realize it was a god that teleported me away - the water should hopefully have been able to mask the god-magic scent - they might just assume a demon took me or something. Of course, they also probably have a pretty good idea of where I am since they encountered me multiple times on the West Coast, but they do not know the exact coordinates, nor do they have any way to reach us. Jackson might have my magic water-breathing bracelet, but I doubt he knows what it is.

It'd take him years of non-stop searching to even happen upon this place, though, so I think there's time to worry about it later.

Inhaling with a bit of a stutter, I decide to stop basking in the post-nap comfortableness and maybe try to get some answers about what I missed, because the last thing I want to do is spend the next few hours thinking about the last few weeks. I got out; Jackson and Ahanu cannot reach me here very easily, and that means I will not be kept in a house under lock and key for forever and a day. It was not a terrible experience, as I always pictured it would be so much worse when the time eventually came for one of the other wendigo to capture me, but...it still happened.

And I have a sire again.

When I open my eyes and try to sit up, the world spins for a moment, and I have to grip the back of the couch to keep that spinning from turning into a dead faint, but it eventually slows down until all I am left with is slightly blurry vision. I notice a fuzzy blob out of the corner of my eye, but I have to wait for my vision to clear completely before I can make out what - or, rather, who - it is.

I was expecting Atasah, but...I guess this shouldn't be a surprise at this point; he did propose.

Since I chose to sleep on Felix's couch to avoid kicking him out of his bed when he clearly needed to sleep, too - we might be engaged, but we never discussed sleeping arrangements before my abduction - I was expecting to wake up alone in the king's living room. Instead, the very king that should be sleeping in his own bed is slumped over on the floor beside my couch, fast asleep. The best part, though, is the fact that, at some point, he had grabbed my hand and apparently never let go. The fact that he has probably lost most of the feeling in his arm for keeping it propped up for a while is probably something to worry about, but it is also oddly adorable.