11. We Don't Leave Each Other

10K's POV

10K's POV

My eyes find 10K's as we race by, seeing the confused look in his eyes. I don't know how to communicate that we aren't just leaving him and the other guys, but we need to go rescue the rest of the women. Even if I disagree with their practices, I still believe in saving people.

We pull over under a highway bridge, and one of the female guards messes with the radiator so it starts to smoke. Addy sits on the side of the hood.

"We want you to stay out here, too. They go for young pretty things," the guard says, looking at me. I nod, leaning against the Jeep as the others hide. Soon, motorcycles can be heard in the distance and finally we see them, heading towards us.

"You got a problem there, darlin'?" an older man with sunglasses asks, his question pointed towards me.

"What do you think?" I retort, biting my lower lip to keep my insulting tone to a minimum. I can already see the other two women Helen told us about, and they look just as bad as Tessa.

"Kinda dangerous, ain't it? Two pretty lil gals like you, travelin' all alone. It's not safe out there." Definitely not safe with you either, buddy. "I'll tell ya what. Why don't you tell me where you're headed and Sidecar here can have a look at your engine," he points over his shoulder.

Addy grins at me, and I return it as furtively as I can. A gunshot rings out and the rest of our gang comes out, including Helen.

"You're little game is over, men."

"Whoa whoa, I'm not really with them, they just—"

"Shut up!" Helen tells him, her gun trained on his chest. "Drop your guns."

"That ain't happening sweetheart." I  point down at his feet, getting two shots off before he can even blink. "Whoa! Hold your fire!" He pulls his gun out of his waist, but I have a feeling he has more hidden. "See, I'm a reasonable man."

"We'll see about that. Are those women with you voluntarily?" When no one answers, she nods. "That's what I thought. Girls," she signals us. We get to work tying them up with wire across the highway.

The biker's leader tries to negotiate again. "In that saddle bag, there's oxy."

"Not interested," Helen replies but I go over to the bag, putting the pills into my own. Doc will want this.

"Addy wait!" I hear Warren call out and I go over to see what's going on. The redhead has a gun in her hands, looking like she's about to kill one of the bikers.

Well, Bex, what did you think would happen to them, you idiot? I'm so stupid. This is justice. Just without an undead bear.

Addy gets closer, her gun higher. "Addy, don't do this," Warren tries again.

"You don't want to get in my way, sister," Helen warns her, going over to Addy's ear. I step closer, trying to hear what she's saying.

"Remember the cannibals...remember Tobias." She's using Addy's, and mine as well, experience to fuel her anger. A second later, she pulls the trigger, killing the younger man.