Chapter Four

Christopher's P.O.V.

I swiftly parked my car in the parking lot and dumped my Ray Bans in the passenger seat. I stepped out of my car and made my way towards the school entrance. With every step I took, someone would say good morning or hello or some kind of greeting. I would just smile back at them because sometimes I'm bipolar like that. The girls giggled and did that weird look away and swoon thing. What nobody knew was that the kind of effect I had on people was not something I like to call an accomplishment.

I entered the class and saw that everybody were already seated, laughter and quiet chatter filling the classroom. This was one of the most elite schools, not just some normal high school. I searched for my usual group and. . .there they are. I walked towards them and take a seat. "Hi, guys." 

A guy with dark brown hair and blue eyes looked up at me and said, "Hey. You're early." 

"It's not a big surprise, Jeremy. Now, that party you threw last night was sick!" Jeremy laughed quietly and nodded. "Yup, definitely so. Man, you should have seen the look on Tania's face. It was priceless." I simply rolled my eyes. Jeremy Cover and Tania Evans have this weird relationship. They hate each other but enjoy having benefits out of that hatred. It's sick and last night, Jeremy had told her that he didn't want to do this enemies with benefits thing. She didn't take it so well, of course. She broke almost every fragile object in his house and he split his lips plus a scar along his cheek due to efforts of making her stop acting like a lunatic. 

At the present day, that idiot was easily smiling and chatting with David as if nothing happened. "What the hell happened to you?" We all snapped our heads towards Karen. She was looking as gorgeous as ever. Her blue eyes sparkling with a hint of anger and worry. Her dirty blonde hair passed her shoulders and looked messier than ever. That's how she always liked it but this girl definitely looked happier than usual. "Hey, Karen." Ignoring me, she stormed towards Jeremy and cupped his cheek and turned his head towards her, making the scar more visible. 

"How did this happen?" Jeremy laughed but Karen didn't look the slightest bit amused. Jeremy rolled his eyes and patted her head like a little kid. "It's fine, Karen. I'm still alive and - available." Karen rolled her eyes this time and smacked the back of his head. "Get over yourself, Jeremy. Your nonsensical charms don't work on me and besides I have a boyfriend." Jeremy snickered and mumbled under his breath. "At least I try." Karen sighed and dropped into a seat next to us. "And by the way, good morning, Chris." She gave her award-winning smile. 

"Just when I thought you forget about me. You stitched my heart back together, my sweet." 

Karen laughed and kissed my cheek. Jeremy looked pissed. "If you didn't act like an idiot, you would have gotten a longer kiss due to that scar." "Thanks so much, Chris," he growled at me. "Anytime," was my comeback. "Hate to interrupt your oh-so-sweet-rivalry but Gray heard about a supposedly new girl. From California." 

I smiled at the thought of the encounter with Larissa. "Yeah, she's my neighbour, David."

"Really? Smoking body?" 

I felt uncomfortable describing this in front of Karen so she did me a favor by gladly punching his shoulder. "Thank you, Karen." "You're welcome, Valentine." She winked at me and I chuckled. "Hey! Dude, bros before hoes?" As if in cue, a hand came into view just to smack David across the head. It was Chelsea. She took a seat on the other side of me and quietly plugged in her earplugs as if nothing happened. David's expression was hilarious. All of us burst out into laughter. David just glared at us. Even Chelsea was smiling secretly. 

"Sorry, I'm late."

The whole class looked to the front of the class and in came, Mia. Her cheeks were flushed with colour and her strawberry red hair was tied into a bun with a few strands of hair hanging out of the rubber band. "Mia!" She looked at us and slowly made her way through the tables and chairs. She grabbed a chair and pulled it up next to Chelsea. "You could have given me a warning, you know."