Chapter Twelve

Chris' P.O.V.

It's been two months since Larissa and I have been together. And I found myself changing as the days and weeks past. I've not touched one bottle of alcohol and I still have not past my curfew before. Well, actually Mom had cut short my curfew a few weeks ago but I still insisted on coming home early. Right after hanging out with the boys or going out with Larissa.

Jeremy and Mia have developed a friendship and Mia has changed a lot. From Princess Leia to a whole new person. She doesn't stammer anymore, she lets her hair loose and she has been the cool chick friend that Jeremy absolutely hates. But I know deep down Jeremy is close to saying hell with friendship.

In the present day, I laid down on a blanket with Larissa, watching the stars. Turns out my girlfriend liked starwatching and of course I complied. We were on top of a hill, where the sky was the closest. I pushed a strand of her hair and said, "Tell me about Nick. When you first met and well, everything."

She looked up at me and smiled. "I've gotta warn you though. There's gonna be a lot of jealousy and temper sparking in that hot bod of yours." I winked at her and whispered into her ear, causing her to shudder in delight. "Then, it's gonna be perfect."

I kissed her and tickled her. I pulled back and leaned my head in her hair. Breathing into her hair, she laughed and pushed my head away. "Stop breathing like that, Mr. Darth Vader." I rolled my eyes and poked her ribs. "Start talking, woman."

She sat up on the grass and crossed her legs Indian style.

"Okay. He actually looked kinda like you in some ways. The eyes and the hair. Oh, and the way he acts all cool and know-it-all in front of his friends. No offense intended, Mr. Boyfriend. He was quite popular among the girls and I was the outsider. Ya know, all that cliche shit. He was always kind to me but different with other people but as you can see, I'm very much on the dense side so I had no clue as to what he was planning in that despicable head of his."

"Which was?"

Still looking at the sky, she chuckled. "That bastard was going to make me fall for him and he got what he wished for. I fell hard for him and he did too. You jealous yet, sergeant?" I rolled my eyes and nodded my head in mock annoyance. 

"Yeah, yeah. Very much so. Continue, my lady."

She laughed heartily before trapping our hands together. "One day, I was putting up some posters for the homecoming dance. I was on a really tall ladder and my friend, Hanna was holding the end for me. He was talking to some of his basketball buddies."

"Basketball, eh? Classic."

She looked up at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "Honey, if you are gonna keep interrupting me, I will stuff a bunch of those brocollis that you love oh-so-much." 

I frowned at her and couldn't help but just shut my trap. She smiled and gave a quick peck. Note to myself: Try to do whatever she tells you to.

"Anyway, Hanna was too busy staring at the basketball hunks that she forgot to hold my ladder. So, I fell from ladder. So, I fell from the ladder. Nick saw me and caught me. It was love at first sight and later on, I couldn't possibly imagine a world without Nick.

"He was the one who taught me skateboarding, rollerskating and playing basketball. We even had a handle back then. Hunk and the Hot. I could never forget about that. My mom loved him and Gabriel always looked up to him. After Dad died, he was always there for me. He took care of me and my family. He gave me love like no other guy did."

"What happened?"

She took in a sharp intake of breath and immediately I regreted asking her the blasted question. But she answered anyway.