Blind Date

"Hey Brendon." Brendon turned to see his co-worker, Ian, walking up to him. He sighed softly and answered back.

"Ya?" He was tired and just ready to clock out already.

"Got another table for you in the corner." Brendon felt his body slump forward in exhaustion. He'd already been working over ten hours.

"Can't you get one of the other waiters to do it? Please, Ian. I have fifteen minutes before I can leave." Ian shrugged in response.

"You know I can't do that man. Wentz will have our asses if he finds out I didn't give you a table while you were still clocked in." Brendon grabbed his apron and slowly tied it around his waist.

"Which table is it?" He felt sluggish in his movement.

"Corner. Guy in a red v-neck and black pants." Brendon nodded and made his way out into the dinning area. He kept a bright smile on his face as he approached the table. The man looked nervous, fidgeting with his menu and bouncing his knee rapidly.

"Hello. My name is Brendon and I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with anything to drink?" The man looked up with wide honey eyes.

"Oh, uh." He stared back down at his menu. "Um, actually I'm waiting for someone. Is it okay if I wait till he shows up?" He had guilt written all over his light pink face.

"That's no problem." The man let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you. Sorry, I'm just nervous about this date. I haven't dated since I left my abusive ex a while ago." The man tensed up and his face turned a bright shade of red. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I.. Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I'm just really nervous."

"It's okay," Brendon spoke softly and placed a hand on the man's shoulder to calm him. "That might be in your past now, but it's completely okay for you to feel this nervous." The man nodded and took a deep breath.

"Thanks," he said shyly. Brendon took his hand off him and nodded. "My name's Ryan by the way." Brendon smiled at the man.

"I'm Brendon." His smile dropped and he shook his head. A nervous smile replaced his old one. "But I already said that when I came to the table." Ryan gave a small chuckle and more confident smile that gave Brendon small butterflies.

"It's nice to meet you Brendon."

"Like wise." Brendon smiled down at Ryan, stopping his want to run his fingers through Ryan's hair to see if it was as soft as it looked. He smile faltered for a second when he realized how long he'd been standing there without saying anything. "So, I'll come back to get your drink order later."

"Thank you." Brendon nodded and went back to the kitchen. He leaned back against the wall, his exhaustion suddenly hitting him again. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"So what'd you think?" Brendon looked to see Ian grinning at him.

"What are you talking about?" Ian jerked his head to the door.

"You last table. Thought I'd make your last table worth it." Brendon eyes widened.

"Were you trying to set me up with some random customer?" Ian gave a look of disbelief.

"Excuse me, sir. I am your best work friend. Do you think I'd try to set you up with a random customer because I thought he was cute for you and you two would be adorable together?"

"Yes, yes I do think so. You tried setting me up with some chick with big boobs before you knew I was gay." Ian smiled and looked up thinking of the memory.

"Yeah but like this one is actually on your team." Brendon rolled his eyes.

"He's on a date right now." He watched Ian open the kitchen door and peeked his head out. He looked back at Brendon with a wide smile.