Too Old For The Playground

Ryan and some kid from school, Alex, were sitting on the bench, looking out at the park. Only a few words really passed between them until Alex spoke up.

"They shouldn't allow him to come here." Ryan looked over at Alex.

"Who?" Ryan followed Alex's finger to a boy running around, playing with the other kids. He was their age by the looks of it, skinny, dark hair, big smile. "Why not?" Ryan questioned, keeping his eyes on the boy.

"He's an accident waiting to happen," Alex said as if it were obvious.

"I don't think I understand." Alex rolled his eyes.

"He's here a lot and he has so much energy."

"So do a lot of the kids," Ryan defended calmly.

"Yeah but he's in high school." Ryan only shrugged. "He almost got a kid hurt by playing too aggressively."

"I'm sure he didn't mean it."

"Sure he looked guilty, but he should've known better." The boy was going down the slide, racing a little girl to the bottom. Ryan noticed him purposely slowing down to let the little girl win, both laughing happily.

"Seems like the kids like him."

"He broke a swing too."

"You can't blame him for that. Those swings are ancient. They were bound to break."

"He's just a freak." Ryan let out a heavy sigh. "You think he has a girlfriend? I doubt anyone would want to date a spastic weirdo like him."

"Hmm," Ryan softly laughed.

"Oh great. Look who's coming," Alex groaned. Ryan couldn't help to smile when he saw the boy waving bye to the kids and rushed toward the bench where they sat.

"That would be my spastic boyfriend, Brendon," Ryan chuckled. Alex's eyes went wide. Ryan wasn't paying him any mind. His eyes were glued on the approaching boy. Before he reached them, Ryan braced himself, softly cursing himself for sitting on a backless bench.

Brendon dove at him, tackling Ryan over the side of the bench. They landed in a heap in the grass. Ryan was flat on his back, his boyfriend hovering over him.

"Hey babe," Ryan smiled. He reach up and pushed a strand of hair away from his boyfriend's eye. "Have fun?" Brendon nodded his head quickly.

"Yeah! Susie wanted to play cops and robbers again, but Damien was being a little shit to her so her mom took her home. I talked to him mom about it and she was embarassed and took him home. It was kinda funny." Ryan beamed up at Brendon. He was so good with kids.

Brendon moved off Ryan, letting them both sit up. Ryan was first to his feet brushing off dust before offering a hand to Brendon. He pulled him up, instantly wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Are you staying over at my place tonight?" Brendon nodded enthusiastically again.

"I'll probably take a nap though. I'm tired."

"And this is why we bring you to the park. I don't have the energy too keep up with your hyped ass," Ryan joked. Brendon punched his chest playfully.

"Rude." Ryan kissed the tip of his boyfriend's nose, earning himself a sweet giggle.

"Let's get you home. We'll have another movie marathon when you wake up. Yeah?" Brendon nodded excited. Ryan turned to Alex.

The boy had his mouth hanging open. His face was beat red. He couldn't believe he was talking shit on this dude's boyfriend without know it this whole time.

"See you around Alex. And try not to judge anyone else." Brendon waved goodbye before Ryan led him away.

"Did he talk about me?" Brendon asked when they out of earshot from Alex. His spirit sunk at the thought.

"Yeah." Ryan didn't want to lie. Brendon dropped his head.

"Freak? Spaz?" Brendon mumbled. Ryan kissed his cheek.

"It doesn't matter what they call you because I never want you to change. You are my little freaky spastic weirdo and I love you for it." Brendon blushed as his smile came back.

"Thanks Ry." Ryan pecked his lips in reply. "Can we come back tomorrow? Mary wants me to help her build a sand castle." Ryan nodded.

"Anything you want baby."

---

A/N:

Wow haven't wrote a "short" oneshot in a hot minute. Haven't updated here in a while either. How are you all?

𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑚𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑦 ❤
~𝐽𝑎𝑦