Is It Gonna Hurt?

Tw: death

---

Brendon stood at the side of the road, eyes darting around. There was an ambulance, a crowd behind some yellow tape, the whole scene lit up by blue and red flashing lights.

There was a woman bleeding from a cut on her head, tear stained cheeks. A cop and couple paramedics lingering by the wreck of cars. Another couple of paramedics hovering over a body. Everything was moving so fast. It made Brendon's stomach lurch.

"Brendon." He turned quickly at the sound of his name. There stood another boy, about his own age not far from him. Normally, Brendon would immediately flirt with the cute guy, but right now everything felt off.

He didn't notice immediately how everything seemed to quiet. Looking over, everyone was moving in slow motion. He saw someone move away from the body on the group, giving him a clear view of his own motionless body.

A small gasp escaped his throat. He didn't really understand what was going on. He was just going to the store. His mom wanted him to buy some milk. He wasn't gonna be out long. Everything was fine until it wasn't.

Now, his heart was beating impossibly fast. That means something right? He was still alive if his heart was beating. All this was just some crazy dream and he'll wake up soon. His mom will come in any moment, upset that he was trying to sleep in. Everything will be okay.

"I know this must be scary for you, but you're gonna be okay." Brendon turned to the boy, his breath caught in his throat when he noticed white wings folded against his back.

"W-wha- w-who." His vision blurred from the moisture building in his eyes. He shook his head, wanting this all to go away.

"My name's Ryan." The boy's voice was so calming. It helped Brendon from having a total melt down. "It's gonna be okay now."

"D-does this mean," Brendon stopped as he pulled his bottom lip into his mouth. He couldn't stop his body from shaking. "A-am I?" He couldn't say it. One look at Ryan though, he didn't have to. It was written all over the angel's face. "F-fuck."

He brought his hands to his head, gripping his roots. He was able to manage staying on his feet, but his knees would give out at any moment.

An arm circled around his waist, supporting him. It felt nice to fall into someone's embrace as everything else came crashing down on him. Ryan ran his hand down Brendon's back, whispering soft reassurance.

Brendon peeked over at the accident. Everything was silent now, moving at regular speed. He watched a gurney wheel away a covered body. It hurt to see. He didn't want to believe it.

"We have to go now," Ryan spoke softly. The warmth and care in his voice wrapped around Brendon like a tight hug.

"W-where are we g-going," Brendon hiccuped. Ryan pulled away, leaving Brendon to stand on his own.

"Everything will be okay." He offered his hands for Brendon to take. Brendon looked back at his accident before looking down. He couldn't ease all his fear.

"Is it..." He took a deep breath. He kept his head low, but his eyes went up to look at Ryan through his hair. "Is it gonna hurt?"

"Not at all," Ryan answered confidently. "You don't have to hurt anymore. You can be free now."

"But what about my mom and my sister. They're waiting for me at home." Brendon couldn't stop the tears from sliding down his cheeks.

"You'll see them again. Don't worry." Brendon squeezed his eyes shut. He felt so alone in all this. He just wanted to go home. "I'll be right here with you the whole time."

"P-promise?" Brendon choked out.

"I promise I won't leave you." Brendon hesitantly reached up and grabbed onto Ryan's extended hands. He flinched when everything around him started fading out to white when they made contact.

He snapped his head around, his fear spiking up. His squeezed Ryan's hands, trying to process everything that's happening.

"It's okay." Brendon looked up to see Ryan moving forward. His white wings wrapped around him like a blanket. Brendon shut his eyes, scared of watching everything he ever knew vanish around him. Right now, it was just him and Ryan and he couldn't afford to lose that.

"D-don't let go," Brendon whispered, gripping tightly onto Ryan.

"I'm right here. I'm not gonna leave you." Brendon nodded. He trusted Ryan, more than he probably should, but he did nonetheless. "I won't let go." Brendon felt the light shine around him, a sudden peace overtook his body. And Ryan stood there, holding onto him like he promised.

---

A/N:

So I've been a little upsetti spaghetti recently and have been writing kinda sad stories and decided to actually post one. Might post the others too. Possibly. We'll see

𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑚𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑦 ❤
~𝐽𝑎𝑦