5. dead dolphin's

Oli's pov

When I sit on the branch I'm surrounded by the light. I'm so lonely I cant take it, it's to much to bare. I bite my bottom lip and climb up the tree more and sit on a different branch.

I take out my phone after I'm sitting safely and look through my recently called.

Mom

Jordan

Matt

Kellin

Yungblud

I click Jordan and text him.

Me: I met the neighbor

Jordan: did you fall in love?

Me: no, he's an asshole I think. Not 100% tho, he did say it was okay if I climb his tree

Jordan: that's what she said

Me: not funny

Me: that wasn't even sexual sounding

Jordan: 'he did say it was okay to climb his tree'

I roll my eyes and put my phone up. My stomach growls at me and I pick a leaf. I dont need to eat right now. I look at the house and blush when I see I'm being watched from a window. Do I look okay? Fuck what I look like, I dont want to try to be perfect for him. I hate him.

I fix my jacket a little and see he's still looking at me. I flip him off and he walks back into his house so I cant see him. Good, I didn't want him to look at me. I rest my forehead on the tree and sigh. I hate this anxious feeling.. I look at my nails, I took off the paint and repainted them already.

I sit in the tree for about a hour until the neighbor comes out. I look at him as he walks over. "Why are you still up there?" He asks.

"I like it?" I say and he crosses his arms and looks at me like I'm weird. I know I'm weird.. I climb down carefully and then lean against it crossing my arms.

"It seems boring," he says looking at the tree. He doesn't understand that I like the calm peaceful tree.

"I'm going to my friends, if my mom gets worried and tries to ask you where I am tell her," I mumble and start walking across his back yard in the opposite direction of my house. He starts following me again. What is wrong with this dumb ass?

I glare at him but he doesn't back off. "What are you doing?" I say not hiding the displeasure in my voice.

"Following you, I need to walk around and I don't really care for doing it alone," he says and I roll my eyes.

"So you're going to walk me to my friends house? And then what? Hang out with us?" I say bitterly. He shrugs ignoring my annoyed attitude. I dont like him, at all, he is so stupid.

I look at him and he seems uninteresting in me. He's bored. My gaydar says he's straight and will never have interest in a guy so I have more reason to avoid him. Watch me get a crush on another person whose into girls...

He's attractive but I dont like him. Nope. He's stupid. Plus he looks like someone who would leave doors half open. I call Jordan bc I dont want to answer his texts asking if I'm okay. It rings once and then he says hello.

"Hey, im walking back," I say.

"I was about to walk over, are you okay now? What happened," he asks. He should be smart enough not to bring it up. My brain starts rambling about why I freaked out.

"I found that fucking paper in your room, is that about me? And my nails- and that fucking refrigerator, it didn't make that noise did it?" I say getting mad and full of anxiety.