Chapter two

Anyways... I was posted to cross river, Obubra orientation camp. I first arrived at calabar which is 2hours plus to the village. The drop we took had so many northerners in it also going to the orientation camp. I felt a little bit relieve hearing them spoke the language I speak.

Beside me was a handsome fulani guy who was jst minding his business. I couldnt resist admiring him, his brown eyes, soft lookin lips nd his broad shoulders was what took my life in a moment and took it to d lovers world......lol.

I was just praying in my mind, when he asked if I wanted to eat d plantain chips he just bought. I smiled, nodded my head nd took my face a way.

I admired nd cherished him but then love does'nt come easy I said to myself. How will I even fall inlove with my fellow corp member knowing the fact that non of us know the direction ahead of us.

I looked at him abit nd smiled, and that was when I noticed the dimples he had......

SubhanaAllah my heart is beating faster nd I was already shaking nd feeling discomfort.

"Are u sure u are okey"? He turned for the second time nd talked to me.

"No I am already falling inlove wit u and imagining our little prince nd princes"  .... dat was what my mind replied him. I looked at him nd smiled nd he smiled too as if He heard me.

"Are u already missing ur husband"?, He asked again.

This time around I was fuming with anger, what made him think I am married? Is it because I am chubby, fat and ugly dat is why he is jumping into conclusion that I am married?

"I am missing my family", that was my reply.

"You smile alot", he said.

"Thank you", I said and looked away. But for every few minutes, I could'nt resist looking at him with the side of my eye nd admiring him.

We arrived in the evening, he saw me struggling with my things nd he helped me carried my box.

"I know you are not married Zainab. Your parents had been calling you on phone nd their was not a single call from anyone that sounds like ur husband, nd you dnt look as if u are a divorcee either. We are both coming from thesame origin, I want us to b frnds if u dnt mind. My name is Isma'il, I am from Yola, I schooled at EMU Cyprus. Can I have your number?"

I nodded and blushed, I dialed my number on his phone nd I went to the female hostel to know my room number and keep my things.

I could hear ppl speaking different languages, I met few hausa frnds. I am nt d type that is free wit ppl, I lov my privacy of doing tins.

************************************

We were sleeping when we heard whistle blowing in our ear. And I couldnt resist laughing at my room mate, princess, who almost slapped the soldeir.

"If you are sleeping by this time you are wrong", the giant soldeir woman shouted nd we picked our things up staright out of the room to the meditation ground.

Dey all turned and looked at us for coming out late, and the parade commander told us that the muslims were to match to d mosque nd pray.

We went to the mosque, and immediately after prayers we were chased out to the morning drill.

I was told about Mami market b4 going to d camp nd I  tried to locate the place for my breakfast.

I started d registeration that same day and I was given kit, little Do I know the camp was goin to be stressful. Anty Halima was on my neck insisting I relocate back to abuja . I know anty Haleema nd uncle Sanusis plans bout their son nd it's kipin my thoughts always on track.

I wore my white shirts nd Nafisa, my northern roomie could'nt stop laughing.

Zaki kashe su ai da wannan shape din? (You will kill them with this shape), she said.

Ina shape abu duk kitse ba kyaun gani? (Where is the shape when I have fat all over?) .

"Nafisa you dont know what you are saying". I said, and We both laughed and made our way out to the evening parade.

We did thesame morning routine the next day, wit the soldeirs shouting at us all the time. Our life in camp became more organise, anytin we did was planned.

I was told that social nights were revenue for misconducts, but all what I saw their was night full of dramas, competitions and fun.

Immediately afta Isha'i prayer, I go down to social night ground to hail my platoon members. Sometimes I stay back in the mosque to catch some sleep or join the Islamiyya dat was organised by mssn.

          ********Munarii*******

                           😊😍😍