Chapter Forteen

In the night of that day I saw Yusuf's text and wondered when he arrived Naija and did not even bother to tell me.

Hey naughty head! How is your health? Come down stairs and meet me outside.

I put on my scarve and made my way to him without letting anyone know where I was going.

He was with english wears and he looked so mashaaAllah.

"Amarsu ta Ismail", he said.

I felt a sting in my throat and I was having a mix feeling on my face. Before I could even say a word there was tears all over my face.

Meya faru? Aren't you happy that you will get to complish a bigger phase of your life. It is  just two days to the wedding and you are already crying.

Now tell Zainab. Is it happiness that is causing the cry or you are just missing home already?

This time around I was already crying so deeply.

Do you mind sharing what is bodering you? He added, giving me a clean face towel that he was holding.

I nodded my head and pointed at the door telling him to follow me inside.

It's my home but I do not have the right to walk into it.
Baba is still angry with me for turning down your wedding proposal and refusing to come home. I have been around and I just needed to make things settle and wait to see your wedding before I will finally come back home.

Is that why you left me with all the unfinished firm projects? I said while looking away.

Who says that? The newly recruited Abdurrahman and suleiman are sent by me to help you with all you need and provide me with the necessary information I need. I cannot play with Baba's hard earned firm just like that.

Everything made sense because the way the firm was moving was imaginable and I had to take the credit all just because he was not around physically.

I escorted him outside the gate and he informed the securities not to mention of his presence.

A car was blinking it's light and I was already afraid that it would be Ismail.

We approached it and to my greatest suprise It was one of doctors who helped me at the hospital.

Yaya Yusuf do you know him? I asked.

Yes I do. He said and they all laughed.

Before I could greet him, the doctor held Yusuf by the shoulder and said; Hajiya Zainab dis is your do........

Yusuf closed his friends mouth before he could finish his statement.

My donor? I said as I looked at them surprisingly.

Yes your donor. He does'nt want anyone to know. Not even his own Dad. I called him when I saw his mum at the hospital, he called her and she was the one that informed him of your sickness.

He flew into naija immediately and made the arrangement and necessary tests to donate his own kidney to you.

Does anty Halima knows bout it? I asked.

Yes she do, Yaya Yusuf answered.

I burst into more tears. Uncle Sanusi is so lucky to have an angel as a wife wallahi. She knows all that and still haven't change about the fact that I am getting married to someone else while I still have her sons kidney, I said while sobbing my heart out.

What If I love you? Yusuf interrupted.

For a moment his words hit me deeply that I thought I was floating on air and the next minute I was suffocating with anger when I thought of my marriage. Two days to my wedding and you are talking about marrying me? How will I do with my husband then?

You really need to rest and we have to be going before anyone noticed that you are missing in the house.

"Lets talk about it please yaya yusuf", I insisted.

You need to rest. I will come and see you tomorrow. I promise.

We said our goodbyes and they left. I entered the house more worried this time around as a more confused humanbeing.

I spent my night with the thoughts of Yusuf and Ismail. I love Ismail but I have second thoughts about us and as for yusuf how do I even start calling off my wedding 2days to it?

************************************

I woke up the next day, and it's exactly a day to the wedding. Ismail kept calling me to tell me how exactly he loves me and wanted to spend his remaining years with me. It was  so unusual of him to be swearing in every of his tatements and I wondered why he would be calling me through whatsapp call and his number was not going through.

After the call with Ismail, yusuf texted me to go and meet Anty halima in the visiting room downstairs.

I wondered what type of message anty Halima have for me that she was sending yusuf to inform me about it.

I went downstairs. The house was filled up and in every corner my name was shouted with hapiness. I went straight to anty Haleema who was sitting on the three sitter sit and sat beside her.

Zainab when last did you speak to Ismail? She asked.

I just spoke with him right now.

His uncle called earlier informing us that Ismail went outside the country for education purpose.

My eye popped out and I could feel my head spinning.

I stood up and I had no idea where I was going at the moment.

The wedding can still take place Zainab. Just have trust in Allah and leave your affairs to him. Your uncle will call his Wali to talk about the issue.
Yusuf promised to look into the affairs of the marriage to know what was really going on.

I nodded with tears in my eye. I bursted into more tears the moment she started apologising to me about everyting that had gone wrong.

My cousins and friends were all around and I would'nt want them to know an inch about what was happening. I went straight to the boys quaters , switched off my phones and  locked myself in the room. I cried my heart out and I could hear people attempting to open the door from outside.

         ********Munarii*******

                           😊😍😍