Chapter Seven

I arrived abuja after Zuhr and I did'nt bother calling Ismail. I switched off my phone on my way to my uncle's house because I knew he would want to visit.

Uncle sanusi and his wife anty Halima have only one son yusuf and a daughter who is attending thesame school with my sister Rahila at Afe Babalola University. Yusuf graduated from the university and started his masters immediately after his nysc. He also head his Father's private firm.

We never had a connection because we don't even get use to each other. We started living with them when he was doing his NYSC.

Yusuf was the one who picked me up and there was silence all over the place.

Anty halima and uncle sanusi were not around. We met the security men and the cook gisting at the gate, they approached us to help with the luggages but he instead they leave it. He left me to struggle with my luggages.

I took them one by one and all what he did was to look at me non stop, I wondered if he saw a masquared or ghost.

After packing all of them I looked at his annoying face nd he was busy with his phone. I stormed with anger and entered the house.

I slept almost immediately and woke up at about 4pm in the evening. The house was still quiet. I switched on my phone and called popcy telling him about my arrival.

After the phone call, I saw Ismail and Yusuf's text messages. I decided to open yusuf's own first.

"Sleepy head, the lock on the door is perfectly owkey. Make use of it while sleeping. Your lunch is on the dining table, there is chicken,yoghurt and cup cake on the bed side carbinet".

I turned and saw chicken republic nylon staring right back at me. I love yoghurt but what bothered me was how he stormed to my room while I was sleeping.

I opened Ismail's messges and he was so worried. He asked of my wellbeing and arrival morethan enough.

I dialed Ismail number and he pickd right away.

"Zainab you got me scared wallahi. How was the journey"? He asked.

"Fine", was all I said.

"Please let me know when you are going for documentation", He said.

"Ok", I said. And we ended the call.

I took my shower and I went down stairs with my bottle of yoghurt. I heard a car parked and I was so happy to see uncle sanusi and anty Halima. I collected her hand bag and we gisted so much while I was eating.

Yusuf sat close to his dad and he showed no interest in the conversation.

Anty Halima touched my shoulder while showing me yusuf.

"He just came in today and your uncle insisted he pick you up at the park. I know you don't know him much. He might not look friendly and does not talk much. But I promise you he is very nice when you get to know him".

I just smiled at Anty Haleema because I sensed where she was going.

I looked at him and I remembered how he left me to struggle with my luggages. I am still angry with him even though he made effort of buying me some mouth watering things.

I was done with eating and I said salam to them and made my way to my room. I had television in my room and I was so sure I would not be seeing yusuf's annoying face always because I would not be sitting in the parlor.

*******************************
Through out the weekend I tried avoiding Yusuf's presence in the house, and I was always in my room.

Uncle sanusi told me that yusuf will be the one to be taking me to the secreteriate for my relocation approval documentation and I was not happy about it. I texted Ismail telling him about going to the secreteriat and he was very happy about it.

***********************************
It was monday morning and I was all set. I greeted uncle sanusi nd his darling wife in the sitting room.

Uncle sanusi saluted me because I was wearing Khakhi and the whole scene was memorable. I looked to my right and Yusuf was on the dining table with earpiece.

I ignored his presence and went straight to the kitchen to make tea.

"Good morning blessing", I greeted her.

"Anty corper good morning, you look fine. See as you cover yourself as if you are married. E be like say the designer of this your khakhi go get award".

"Don't flatter me blessing", I said as I poured hot water to my cup.

What did you cooked for breakfast? I asked her.

"I fried chips for oga nd madam. But Small oga say make I do egg sauce for you. E dey on top dying table".

I noded with agreement and went straight to the dining table. He pushed the food flask to my side without even greeting me.

********Munarii*******

😊😍😍