Chapter six

After our passing out parade, I snapped pictures with almost everyone and we bid our goodbyes. We had already booked a car to abuja, I picked my box and went to the car.
Ismail was standing and waiting for me. Its been 2days I saw him, he looked so unusual and worried.

He did'nt say a word and I Ignored him too. I just wanted the car to filled up and start moving.

But you know how the heart is, I could'nt resist not looking at him nd this time around he caught me in the act.

He smiled. "I want to have a minute with you", he said.

I stood beside him. He told me his relocation worked out too,and promise to see me when I arrive Abuja. He held my hands into his and I could swear he saw all the vessels and reactions in my body.

It was very awkward, I removed my hands from his hans and I nodded my head, and my head could not think straight. I was'nt sure if it was the perfume, his touch, his dimple or the smile that was always on his face.

I did not look at him and made my way to d car. He stood beside our car till we depart.

It was a long journey nd I could hear d ladies nd gentlemen talkin about love in camp.

It was a long journey, I could'nt wait to see anty Haleema,mufeeda and Rahila.

************************************

Anty sent a driver to pick me up at the park. We arrived in the morning and all What I could think of was Ismail's amazing character.

I arrived home and everyone was so happy to see me at home. In the evening Anty called me to tell me I would be leaving Abuja to kano in a week time to greet my Dad before coming back to abuja for my documentation.
She gave me a list of organisations that my uncle had in mind.

"Ehen! Zainab. You did not gist me about your boyfriend in camp"? Anty Said.

"Boyfriend kuma? Do you want to marry me off and still be givin me stipened for my spendings?

All I could hear was Anty's laughter.

Many people met during their nysc program and they are having one of the best marriages.

"Not my set Anty Haleema". I said, Most of us just finished skul, we are mostly young and have no idea what life is all about.

We are nothing like your generation Anty, we are all bunch of lazy nigerian youths according to Baba Buhari", I added.

"Zainab you are not serious.
Most of the guys are independent, some are business men with big potential of becoming somthing great. Some already laid the foundation of good future, they sponsored themselves through schools to get the certificate that will enable them get insight of the labour market and to have qualifications. Some of them are not really young. We all start from somwhere Zainab".

The ones in my camp are nothing like that Anty. My husband is coming soon inshaa Allah.

"Inshaa Allah. Allah ya kawo nagari mai albarka Zainab. A loving husband is everything that matters. In yana da rufin asiri, he can go to any length to provide what you need", Anty Said.

"Naji Anty. Hankalinki yafi kwanta wa da corper. Zan nemo corper muyi aure", I said looking at Anty's expression.

"No. Ina fada miki ne (I am just telling you), in miji ya zo a cikin corper (If your husband comes as a corper), give him your time. He might be the best for you. That reminds me my eldest son who went outside country would be coming back soon to continue heading your uncle's company.

"I now see where all this convo is getting to", I said.

We could'nt resist laughing hard. Anty is so full of fun.

************************************
I have been ignoring Ismail's calls and messages since I arrived kano. I don't want to listen to his voice because its always setting my heart on fire.

I read his messages which are mainly greetings.

I dialed his number and he picked up right away.

"Zainab you kept me worried. Is dis what friendship is all about? Do I do anything wrong? He asked.

Yo did nothing Ismail, I jst don't like the way the friendship is going. I don't want us to feel attach to each other and then end up being hurt.

He was silent.

Are you there? I asked.

Yes I am. Wen Are you coming to Abuja?

I will be on my way inshaa Allah tomorrow, I am leaving here in the morning.

Text me when you arrive and Please stop ignoring my calls if not someone would be willing to sue you.

Who would sue me?

My Dad ofcourse.

You are such a daddys boy Ismail.

You can say that again. I am such a Daddy's boy. Take good care of your self. We ended the call and I realised that the phone call refreshed old memories.

          ********Munarii*******

                           😊😍😍