Chapter Nine

He opened the door from his side and I closed it back, he opened again and I closed it back again for the second time.

"What is wrong with you Zainab"?

"Everything about you is wrong with me. How could you ask me to go back because you are picking up some gabbage by the road side", I replied him.

He was about to pour all his anger when he saw me slide down the glass to talk to the lady.

"Salamu Alaikum", I gave her a handshake. She looked so puzzled.

"Oh, I am Zainab, Yusuf's cousin. I came to stay with them for my wedding preparation".

I could see the relieved expression on her face.

"I am Zainab too, what a coincidence", She said.

I smiled back at her and I opened the door. She sat in the front while I went back to sit.

"Namesy are you our inlaw? Because I heard about you from yaya yusuf", I asked her looking at Yusuf through the mirror.

Yusuf looked so angry and he gave me a warning look from the mirror. I put on my earpiece and continued listening to the songs on my phone. I don't want to hear their conversation.
I wanted to distrupt his date initially but I know that it will be of no benefit to us that was why I ignored them.

We arrived at the airport and yusuf left the two of us in the car to go look for mufeeda and Raheela.

"Zainab are you sure about wat you said ealier"? She asked curiously.

"I could see desperation all over her. I don't really know, but the thing is he always talks about u".

"But do you think he likes me"? She asked.

"Yes sure, the way he looks at you. I am sure he have feelings for you".

I have been longing for his love since 2yrs back when he lost Maryam.

Who is Maryam? I asked

She was my elder sister.

I looked at her with confusion. Your elder sister?

She was about to reply when I looked up and saw Mufeeda and Raheela coming with yusuf. I shouted and went out to hug them. There were looking so mashaa Allah.

Zainab I miss you so much, I miss you more Dr. Mufeeda.

"I do not really miss you Anty Zainab", Raheela said.

"I know right, naughty girl", We squeezed ourselves so hard and did not even recognised the presence of Zainab and yusuf.

Mufeeda shook her head and said salam to Zainab and held my hands to the car, I sensed problem from the way they looked at each other but I know Mufeeda isn't the type of person that talks much and I was sure she wouldn't tell me anything knowing the plans of her parents about us and I made a promise never to ask or interfere in such.

We dropped Zainab at home, and yusuf wasted a little time chit chatting with her. I wondered what there were saying because he was speaking with anger and her head was down.

Mufeeda looked at them in an unpleasant way with words in her mouth.

"Yaya yusuf should be fast. I miss mumcy so much and alot of her dishes wallahi", Mufeeda said.

"Baki kaini ba wallahi", Raheela added.

He came in and did not drive the car immediately. We were all silent wondering what was happening.

"Next time do not interfere into something that does not concern you Zainab", he said looking at me through the mirror.

I am not your driver, one person should come and sit in the front or we all sleep here", He added.

Mufida shook her head and rested more comfortably while Raheela picked up her phone and started pressing it, I had to volunteer to sit in the front with him.

I connected the bluetooth to the car immediately and played even if my heart would break by kennyG.

Mufeeda and Raheela sang along with me and we laughed at ourselves while we do that. She kept asking me to replay till we arrived home.

Yusuf, the hard guy ignored us and concentrated on the road as if he was taking us to heaven.

Upon our arrival anty halima and uncle sanusi were sitting in the garden waiting for our arrival.
They were so glad to see them.

We all entered the house and there were variety of meals. The whole house scented like heaven. Blessing helped us with the luggages while I went straight to the dining table to pick up the coolers with the help of Raheela.

We all sat on the floor while yusuf made a prayer for all of us before we started eating.

We gisted after then and we made ourselves into our rooms.
I wanted nothing other than to listen to Ismails voice. I called him and we gisted for over an hour before I finally joined them in their little gossip, those two always had a topic to gossip.

I was seriously craving for yoghurt when I remembered the remaining one I kept in the fridge.

I put on my hijab and went downstairs immediately. I saw yusuf on the dining table doing some work with his laptop. I Ignored him and went straight to the kitchen, I opened the fridge and there was no yoghurt.

I made my way out of the kitchen and I heard him call my name. You can have this, but aren't you afraid of stomach upset?

"I am but I seriously want to take it", I replied holding my stomach.

He pushed the yoghurt towards my direction and asked me to get him a glass of water.

I brought it to him but he wasnt looking at my direction. I stood for about 3mins and that was when I realised he was doing some office work.

"Baba caused all this by making me your driver. Now I have to work at night to meet up my daily work", he said.

You don't have to be leaving your work just to bring me back home. I can simply take a cab back home yaya yusuf.

He did not even looked at me and I dropped the glass of water and went straight to the room.

********Munarii*******

😊😍😍