Chap 5 🤜🏻🤛🏼

Wyatt and Jaime glare at one another, both of them knowing exactly who the other is despite never having met.
After one very tense minute of this I say
"Well this has been sufficiently awkward-"
"So you're the new cock she's riding?" Wyatt asks venomously
"Jesus Christ.." I mumble under my breath, turning around to take Rosie to the car and strapping her into the booster seat.
I can't believe he decided to drop by right when Jaime and I make plans to take Ro to the park.
"Yeah, I'm the new cock. You must be the lovely ex-husband I've heard so much about." Jaime says sardonically
"All good things, I'm sure." I feel Wyatt look at me while I'm bent over pretending I'm still fixing the booster seat when it usually takes me 30 seconds. Anything to avoid this situation.
"Of course. You're legendary, Mr.Schaefer. Even working at it my whole life, I don't think I could cause nearly as much damage as you did, all in less than a decade." He shoots back, and I proudly smile to myself finally getting up because it was getting way to obvious.
"I'm sure she had to have mentioned some of my other talents. Like my ability to make her scream my name in bed." Wyatt says smugly
"Don't flatter yourself.." I mutter, trying to humble him. As if that's possible.
"To get you to stop, I'm sure.  I must question why you're here though, Wyatt. What business do you have with either one of us?"
I go to stand next to Jaime, hold his arm and glare at Wyatt, clearly showing where I stand as if it weren't obvious.
"Well I was on a run the other day and decided on a whim that I want my girls back." He smiles because he's just so fuckin witty
"Which ones? From what I remember you had around 3, not including myself and Ro. Although I guess Rosie shouldn't count anyway, since I cheated on you with a million guys. Remember when you claimed that?" I throw that back in his face because he deserves it.
  Wyatt never wanted to hear about the pain he caused, he only ever wanted everyone to forget about it.  He's the only one myopic enough to think that would work in the long run.
"They were mistakes. All of them, you know that." He says looking down
"I do, you didn't it seems. At least not till recently." I snap
"As I said before, we have no business with you. You coming here gives neither of us anything, unless you just enjoy upsetting Lucy. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case." Jaime stands up for me
"You have my wife and daughter." Wyatt snears
"'You have them', please spare us. You say that like I've kidnapped them. Like they don't enjoy my being around. This is Lucy's apartment, Lucy's car, Lucy's arm wrapped around my arm anchoring me to her. She wants me. I don't believe our behaviour could make it any more obvious. I think the only reason you want them is because you know she found someone better for them both."
"Fuck you, you don't know what they want anymore than I do! Don't think I don't remember how she makes you feel."
"Well what the fuck does that mean?" I ask
"You drive people insane!"
"Really?! I drive people insane?! What do you fucking do?! Bake them cookies and tuck them into bed?! I don't think I was the problem exactly you dick! Why do all of your ex girlfriends fucking hate you? Why do even the girls you cheated with hate you?"
"That's not what I meant! I mean shit turns at the drop of a hat with you! One moment you're so sweet and cuddly and cute and the next you remember something and you turn into this crazy bitch from hell!"
"That's not true." I mumble
"Oh baby please, you know it is."
"She's not your baby." Jaime says
"I only lost my shit whenever I got another unpleasant surprise, which you gave me plenty of." I said under my breath, knowing he'd hear me.
"After I fucked up the first time you never let me forget it. Nothing I did was ever enough, you closed up."
"So naturally instead of talking to me you decide that sticking your penis in some 18 year old engaged mall skank was easier?!- Okay, fuck this. Why are you here, Wyatt?"
"..."
"Well?" Jaime asks again
"I've grown. I know how I've fucked up, I know what I need to do to be better for you. To be good for you. To be the father Rosie needs, the husband you need."
I chuckle
"Wyatt, I don't need a husband. Plus Rosie loves Jaime, and Jaime loves her like his own. Find a girl that does need one. Doesn't matter which one, really."
"Nobody could ever love her like her natural parents, you know it."
"Question: Did you ever change a single one of her diapers? Ever give her a bath? Rock her to sleep when she was having trouble staying asleep or waking up in the middle of the night like newborns do?" Jaime asks again, always with a great questions.
"Fuck off, you know she left me."
"She left you when Rosie was four months old. You had four months to do any of those things. Did you?"
"Of course he didn't. He convinced himself she wasn't his.." I speak up
"I know. I know I fucked up, we've been over this. I know I didn't step up to the plate when you needed me but I was stupid."
"Was? I'd say coming here and expecting me to run into your arms and take you back after the absolute bullshit you put me through is pretty stupid. I wouldn't say you're in the clear just yet."
"Just tell me what to do." He says looking at the ground
"Leave her alone." Jaime says
"I asked her you British cunt." He says fidgeting and twitching, clearly wanting to do more.
"You want me to tell you what to do? Exactly that. Exactly what I've been saying. Leave us alone. Find someone else. Forget we fucking exist and I assure you we'll do the same." I say ending the conversation and heading to the car
"You can't honestly expect me to be able to do that."
"You had a real talent for it while we were together, I'm sure you can do it again."
I feel a grab on my elbow pull me back from my step and I see it's Wyatt gripping me for dear life
"I can't."
Jaime rips me out of his grasp and pushes him away
  "Oww!  Fuck, Wyatt.."
"You don't get to touch her."
"Keep your fucking hands off me."

Oh god no..