Chap 2 🌹

The next day Ro seemed completely fine and good thing, too.  She's starting school in a week!  Jaime has been more than helpful as always, picking up school supplies, helping me with her new uniform, all that back to school craziness. And to my massive displeasure, Wyatt hasn't let up. 
  "From what you've told me, Wyatt isn't the type to keep working at something unless it's his job."  Jaime says, trying to calm me down
  "Until he wants something.  Wyatt is only interested in getting what he wants and what's most convenient to him."
  "Mami, que es convenint?" Ro asks
"If something makes things easier for you, it's convenient, darling." Explains J to Rosie as she's coloring
   "You could always get a restraining order."
  "I thought about it, I talked to Annie.  She mostly deals with divorce cases.  She said if I get one now all I'll likely get is a temporary one and it'll cost me more money than the time it's worth. Besides I don't necessarily think Wyatt is dangerous, more so just annoying and persistent." I explain sighing
"Regardless my love, I don't like the idea of him waltzing around here whenever it suits his fancy. Especially if I'm not around to protect you and Ro, and even more so if he still has an idea in his head that you'll take him back if he just keeps pestering you enough."
Sometimes one really has to wonder how I went from a man-child like Wyatt, to such a caring, considerate, intelligent man like Jaime.
"I know babe, but I don't think he'll come knocking around again any time soon. What time is it?" I ask
"5:30, Ro have you washed your hands? It's nearly time for dinner." He asks Rosie, reading my mind.
I smile to myself as I watch Ro toddle-run to the bathroom, put her stool in front of the sink and wash her hands like a big girl.
  "She's getting so big." He comments, gazing back and forth between me and her.
  "I know, she's starting pre-k this year.  I don't know how I'm going to deal with not seeing her half the day."
A knock at the door gets our attention and J goes to open it.
After a moment he comes back into the room with something I think neither of us expected
"I signed for this, what the bloody hell is his game?" He asks, red faced and angry holding a large bouquet of roses and violets.
I reach for the note reading:

Baby, I am sorry that the price of my realization that I can't live without you and Rosie was a painful divorce. You and Ro are my life, and I've been a stupid asshole. Give me a chance to repair the damage I've caused with infinite love, and respect and I promise everything will be okay again.
-Wyatt

"Well that's a load of horse shit." I mumble
"It's him, isn't it?" J asks
"Yeah," I confirm as I hand him the note "check this shit out."
Taking the note from me as I take the flowers from him into the kitchen he reads the note
"Is he joking? Thinks pulling this is funny, does he?" His accent changed into something a little rougher when he said that.  Chuckling, I put my arms around him and kiss his cheek. 
  "Don't worry about it," I say, taking the note from his hand and chucking it in the recycling bin "he's just desperate."