Chap 26 🤷🏽‍♀️

"J man, I'm always tellin' people not to make it a whole broadway show at times like this.  We know where this fucker is, let's go there, let's nab him, have our fun with him, get what information we need and promptly put the bugger out of his misery.  Simple." Butcher explain, as if getting rid of mob bosses was totally easy and Jaime and the group were over-complicating it.

  "I appreciate your bloodlust and enthusiasm Butcher, but your straight forward method is lacking some nuance.  For example, it's unlikely that we could just nab the fucker right off the group and sweep him off his dainty, ladylike feet like it's nothing." Frankie explains sarcastically

  "Up yours mate, I don't see you comin up with any brilliant ideas." He snaps back and slams himself back down on the chair around the living room table where old laptops, random loose wires, out of date phones, and other tech shit is all scattered. 

   I'm sitting at the door of the living room, partially wondering if I should wake Rosie from her nap, partially wondering how the guys will pull off this almost-kidnapping and the other part of my brain trying to figure out what's the next idiot move Wyatt and Jen will make.

  "Alright alright, calm down.  You've both made good points." Jaime, ever the even-tempered leader, calms his employees.  At least, I assume they work for him.  At least with him.
"All we need is a solid plan.  We're a smart lot, I'm sure we'll figure something out timely." 

  "What about sending someone in first to scope the place out? Not me obviously, they'd know my face and any utility I might have for you would go completely down the toilet. But maybe Butcher or something?" Johnny suggested

Jaime looks back at him and asks "scoping out what?"

"Where he might like to chill, his security, anything." He shrugs

"I'm pretty sure he knows all our faces, kid." Butcher says

"What? How?" Johnny asks

"We're all on their watch now. Apparently they know where I live now, probably where Butch, Frankie and Anders live too."

Johnny looks over at me and slightly raises his eyebrows

"No." Jaime says, without even looking up from what he was doing

"She's the person who's most likely to not be known by them."

"No." He says finally

"The kid might have a point, J." Frankie agrees

"I said, no." He repeats

I take a second to figure out how to word this and say "If they're thinking what I think they're thinking, it might be a good idea Jaime."

  "Does the word no mean nothing to you people?!  I said NO." He raised his voice a little and made me flinch

"Alright, then who would you suggest?" 

  "We could always hire day labourers." He adds

"Sure, send a defenceless, probably undocumented, immigrant into the lion's pit?" I reply with snark

  "...you're not going in there, I'm not using you as bait.  That's final." He said, calmly putting down what he was tinkering with on the table and walking off up stairs.

  "I'll go up and talk to him.  You guys chill down here and think of a back up plan." I say and head upstairs 

  I knock on the closed door of our bedroom and hear him say "This is your bedroom as well love, just come in." 

I do as he says and stay silent for a moment, already knowing he'd know what I was going to say.

  "I can't risk you, there are other ways to do this." He insists

"Okay, any ideas handsome?"  I ask and approach him sitting on the end of our bed and play with his hair.
I feel him sigh and wrap his arms around my waist and resting his head on my stomach.

   "Bruv!" We hear Butch say

"Just a minute Butcher!" I yell back still comforting Jaime 

  "The baby woke up!"  He yells back

I sigh in response and ask J if he's good, he waves me away and pats my butt on my way out.

I walk out and see Julia holding Rosie and comforting her.

"Hey, there's mommy." She whispers, pointing at me.

Smiling, I walk over to them and push Rosie's hair behind her ear.
"Hey beautiful." I mumble, before turning to look at Julie and saying "Thank you."

  Her smiling face changed suddenly when she looked down at her lap.  A huge wet spot started forming and she began to cry. 

  "Oh god."