Chap 22😪

"You were right to suspect the bugging. He had you hacked, if I were you I'd get an entirely new phone and phone number under a completely different name. Maybe J can help get you one." Anders says, chucking the phone back to Johnny "I can't believe we hadn't thought of it before. Do you think he wasn't taking anything? But instead leaving something behind?" He asks Jaime and me

"I don't know. I had some mates sweep my entire property here, electronics included as well as doing a few sweeps myself and we didn't find anything. So possibly, I got to them before they could even accomplish any part of their little mission." Jaime explains, looking down at his phone "Would you mind looking at our mobiles now as well? Just to ease all our minds?"

Anders agrees and we give him both our phones and our laptops. I only used mine for work but I figured it wouldn't hurt regardless. Anders got to work and I went to see Rosie and Julia, the two had bonded surprisingly well in these last two days. I peak into her bedroom and see Julia and Ro playing a very detailed game with Rosie's truck and Barbies.

"Rah! You got her!"

"Not me, I came back to life!"

"You can't keep coming back to life! That doesn't happen!"

I open the door and Julia smiles up at me "Rosie's grip on reality is unparalleled."

I chuckle and see Rosie with a yellow truck in her hand, pressing down on Barbie.

"Did she forget to look both ways while crossing the street?" I ask, kneeling down and kissing her blonde head as she just mumbles "Yeah."

"You girls hungry? Jaime and I didn't feel like cooking so you down for a pizza?" I suggest

"I can cook." Julie said

"That's alright, you don't have to. We've all just had a lazy day."

"No really, please let me cook for you guys. I can't go back to work since someone might find out where that is and kill me and since I would've been going on maternity leave soon anyway I really feel like I have to earn my keep here. It's not like I'm paying rent." She pleads

"We're all pretty particular about our food Jules. You know, Jaime and I, we're vegan, at least for the most part. Anders apparently has celiacs disease so he can't eat anything with gluten, Butcher's a ravenous carnivore that kinda thinks we're all pussies for not just eating everything." I joke "That's why I figured pizzas for everyone with their different requirements was the best choice for today."

"Fine, but some time when it's just us and Jaime I wanna cook. Regularly in fact. My mom had an autoimmune disease that made her have to change her entire diet to vegan so I learned how to cook crazy good vegan food." She explains and looks down sadly, knowing she'll never be able to do anything for her mother or probably anyone else in the family but Johnny and her baby.

"Do you know what you're having?" I ask

"I don't know, Jeff always wanted to keep it a surprise and I haven't been able to go to the gyno's since this whole thing happened. Speaking of which, I'll probably have to switch doctors which is annoying.." she mumbles that last part like it's note to herself as she rubs her belly

"I don't know if I told you this yet but I'm really sorry this happened to you, Julia."

"Yeah, I'm sorry Julia." Rose says sullenly agreeing with me. I'm sure she doesn't know exactly what's going on but she knows Julia's been crying every night, and knows her mom's dead.

"Thank you, and thank you honey." She says sweetly at Rosie, cupping her face.

"You seem like an incredibly kind person, and this happening to you and Johnny is irrevocable proof that no benevolent god exists. He wouldn't let something this terrible happen to the people who least deserve it."