Chap 30 (part 1)

"Have you been treating a Mr.Ferguson?" Jaime asks

  "AHH!"  Julia exclaims

"Okay, um, not specifically." I respond, tracking Julie's screams "It's down to every ten minutes." I say

  "What does that mean?" He asks

"She's going into active labor pretty quickly." 

"No, I meant what do you mean not specifically?" He says, agitated.

  "Oh, I mean I was treating a Mr.Andrew Ferguson and his wife Amy with the same last name while I still lived in my condo.  They're going through divorce but I can't really get through to either of them.  They keep discussing really surface level issues, like they don't wanna get to the root of any problem." 

"His full name was Andrew Ferguson?"

"Uh, yeah.  I didn't see a middle name at any point." 

  "Did you ever give him your address for any reason?"

"My home address?  No, of course not!  What reason would I even have to do that?"

"What time would he usually schedule the appointments?" 

  "Late at night, usually they were my last of the day."

"They probably followed you home then."

   "What?"

"Ah-ha-ha-haaaaaa!" Julie whines

"Down to every seven, can you ask Butcher to come up here?"  I ask Jaime

"Johnny too, please!" Julie groans out, in pain.

Jaime goes and does as he's told as I pat Julie on the back and say "Maybe it's time to load the car up."

She nods and tries to straighten herself up but ends up crying out in pain and curling back into herself

Butcher bursts through the door and asks "Ah we fuckin' goin' now?"

"Yeah, I think that's best. The contractions aren't four minutes apart but they're getting closer together fast. She just can't straighten herself out right now, I'm not sure she'll be able to walk." I explain

He shrugs and goes to pick up Julie like it's nothing. She panics and Johnny does too.

"Sis! You good? Is there anything I can do?" He asks

"Sweetie, right now I think all you should do is just help Jaime, and I load up the van." I say, putting my hand on his shoulder trying to calm him down.

  "Okay."  He starts heading down stairs

I get the baby bag and check that everything we need is packed in there, I get another bag that's more of a mommy bag and pack things that Julie might need.  Hair ties and clips, chapstick, her lotion, her shampoo and conditioner in little travel bottles, her body wash, since we don't know how long she'll be staying in there, any other miscellaneous items that I can immediately think of. 

   The boys are panicking and I don't blame them but this is very stressful for Julia.  Butcher is going down the stairs with her in his arms and going super slow.

Things were so crazy I almost forgot Rosie was still napping. I go to our room and slowly open the door to see that Rose's already waking herself up. Clearly still drowsy, rubbing her eyes with her little hands.

"Morning mija," I say, and sit next to her "we need to get ready okay? We're going to the hospital, Julia's having her baby."

Her eyes open wide in surprise "Julie's gonna squeeze out her baby?" She asks incredulously