Chap 8 ⚒

"Motherfucker!" I yell in pain, gripping my neck

I hear a struggle behind me and Jaime saying "Lucy, the light." In a struggling voice.

I turn the light switch on and apart from the little stars I keep seeing, I also see Jaime with a scrawny, hairy-faced white man with dreads in a chokehold.  Turning to Rosie I see she's scared and crying, but fine.  I run to get a robe to cover myself and run back with Jaime still choking the guy. After a few moments the guy's frame goes limp and he holds on to his neck for a few seconds longer just to make sure he's really knocked out cold.
"Darling, under my bed there's rope, an aerosol bottle, a handkerchief and duct tape in a little metal chest, could you get it for me please?" He asks me while looking at his phone
I get them as soon as I find them and run back since the guy can wake up any minute.

"Rosie cover your eyes, baby." She does as told, still crying, obviously scared and just wanting this to go away

Jaime gets the guy all tied up and before he goes down to the basement, I see him hesitate. 

"..what?" I ask

Sighing he says "I don't know if it's safer to take you guys down to the basement with me or leave you guys up here, alone." 

"Fuck..I don't either.  How'd he even get in?"  I say, sitting with Rosie trying to comfort her.

"That's what I was trying to check on my mobile just now.  I have a rather extensive security system, so how did this dumb git figure out how to bypass it?  All questions I plan to ask him once I have him down there."

"...Babe, what if he's just a distraction?"

"What?"

"What if he just got in to keep you busy while-"
*CRASH*

"Shh.." says Jaime, he goes to the closet and takes out a Smith & Wesson Model 340, handing it to me.

"Can you shoot?" He whispers to me

"I'm half Mexican and black, of course I can." I say, looking back at Rosie, still freaking out.

"Have you used this type before?"

I nod.

"Good.  You have five bullets in the chamber, here are 5 more.  In that aerosol is an intensified solution of sevoflurane, desflurane, and isoflurane.  It could knock a 120 kg man in ten seconds.   Use them both if you have to.  Only if you absolutely have to."  He whispers, reaching in the closet again and getting out a glock 22. 
"I'm heading down stairs.  Shut the door and lock it.  Make sure this one stays knocked out by spraying it on the rag on his face.  I have plans for this one.." he says kicking the guys face

"Please be careful." I say with tears in my eyes

"I always am, love."

He heads out and I do as told.  I keep the spray and gun both tightly in my hands while also trying to comfort my sobbing daughter, trying to quiet her down.

"Who is he?" She asks in Spanish whispers to me, still crying.

"I don't know baby, but your daddy's gonna find out and have them never bother us again."