Run-Ins

"Turn to the left," the scruffy-looking officer said. Bakugo complies and turns to the left.

Flash!

"Now to the right," the same officer said. Complying again, Bakugo turns to the right.

Flash!

4:52 AM is what the time now reads on an early Saturday morning. The booking procedure went slower than Bakugo expected, but it's only because of his bruised jaw from that one bastard punching him. It's excruciating, but he'd rather deal with that than his one phone call.

Which he knows it has to be his mom.

He can already hear her say, "what the fuck, you shithead" or "Katsuki Bakugo when I get my hands on you" or "I'm gonna kick your fucking ass." She's a loving woman but can go psycho at any given moment. She has been making that part clear as rain when Bakugo even before he was fifteen, like that one time in front of his teachers, at his house, after he got kidnapped for some fucked up reason.

Understood, his face and his current issues right now should be the only dilemma he's facing, he cannot help but wonder how the others are doing. He only remembers Jiro bawling her eyes out as Tokoyami and Sero try to comfort her and Yazoryouzo. Given the circumstances of the matter, there's a good chance Kaminari would have to wear a brace of some sorts for six to eight weeks if he does not have any other injuries. As for Midoriya, who the hell knows what else he could have wrong with him. Bakugo knows, however, Midoriya's mom, Inko, will be at the hospital as we speak.

Bakugo gets told by a blond-haired officer he can make one phone call only. As he wears the authoritative orange jumpsuit he was given and still wearing his handcuffs, he takes a seat down onto the bench after dialing his mom's number. Tapping the soles of his shoes, like banging some kick drum, he waits for a couple of rings until he hears his mom's tired voice.

"Hey, mom," Bakugo says into the phone.

"Katsuki," Mitsuki says, sounding like she just woke up, "the hell's going on?"

"Well," he starts, "you're not gonna like this."

"Kat, I've given birth to you, and you're my son. How bad can it be?" She inquired her son, chuckling a bit to herself.

"Okay. Well, I'm at the county jail-"

"KATSUKI BAKUGO! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!" Mitsuki shrieked.

Bakugo had to pull the phone away from his ear as his mom kept going off like a firecracker. He pinched the bridge on his proboscis with his index finger and thumb with his opposing hand. He takes a deep breath before putting the phone back to his ear again.

"Look," he sighs, "it's not as bad as you think-"

"AS I THINK," Mitsuki cries, completely fed up, and it's not even 6 AM. "You don't know what I think right now!"

"For fuck's sake, mom," Bakugo snarls, "I could be in a fucking BODY BAG! It could be fucking worse, and YOU know that!"

Mitsuki takes a deep breath on the other line, before continuing, "your father and I will be there in a half-hour. We will pay for ten percent of your bail for you to get out, but you're taking care of the fucking rest. Got it?!"

"Yes," Bakugo grumbled, answering his mother.

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

"I hope you know we care about you, you ungrateful son of a bitch," Mitsuki yells, pinching Bakugo's cheek as hard as she could.

"Yeah," he smirks, "I'm the "son of a bitch," alright."