five.

Italicized text are thoughts

if you saw me publish chapter six before this, no you didn't😔

-

You and Blade walked into the house of the crime, and as soon as you saw the body, your heart dropped. You started looking around, but couldn't find who you were looking for, but you finally found her in the backyard with Hyunjin. You walked over and bent down, getting the young girls attention, and she wrapped her arms around your neck.

"Y/N!" She sobbed. "What happened to my mom?"

"Hyeon, we'll figure it out, okay?" You rubbed her back slowly. "Right now, what you can do to help is tell Agent Hwang everything you saw. Can you do that for me?"

She nodded into your shoulder, and you patted Hyunjin on the back as you walked back inside. "What was that about?" Blade asked.

"Do you remember Joshua Kim? One of the guys you autopsied a few years ago?"

"Yeah, of course."

"This was his wife, and their daughter is out back with Hyunjin." You shook your head. "She's probably the one who found the body, poor girl."

You kneeled down to be level with Blade, over the body, examining it. "They left the knife in, this time, so maybe I can pull some prints of off it."

Felix walked in and joined the two of you, and he tilted his head, staring at the knife in a strange way. "That's a Zero Tolerance."

"What? The knife?" You asked.

"Yeah, my-"

"Dad, what are you doing?!"

"He was threatening me!"

"You killed him!"

Felix shook his head and sighed. "I've seen them around before. They can be extremely dangerous if put in the wrong hands."

"Well, let's get her back so we can find out more."

Blade got her in the body bag and looked at you for a moment. "You know, she has a really nice facial structure. It kind of reminds me of yours."

Hyeon was clutching your arm, crying uncontrollably. She wouldn't tell Hyunjin a single thing, which Blade said was because of the shock she was experiencing. So, the two of you were in the conference room, trying to figure out what happened.

"I was upstairs- and I heard this loud thud, but I didn't think anything of it," she sniffled. "But then I heard it again, much louder, so I finally went downstairs. I..."

She trailed off, making you look down at her. "Hyeon."

"I saw her get stabbed, Y/N. I held her hand and told her I loved her as she died."