twenty five.

-

-

Three days.

It's seemed like the three day mark had been your lucky mark quite often these days.

It had been three days since you've had food, but you were more worried about Jinx than yourself. You could tell how tired he was, and you just wanted him to be okay more than you did yourself. They hadn't changed the bandage for your hand once since they did it the first time.

They had water-boarded you twice more since the first time, just wanting you to be in pain. You saw the looks that Finn would give you, and you would do anything to get your shirt back on. The women of the cell often came in just to make you feel bad about yourself, except for Jeanne. She would stand in the background and hug herself, in the same way you used to.

You also saw how all of the older women pushed Jeanne around, forcing her to be someone that she didn't want to be. She was uncomfortable, and them pushing her closer to that edge she may or may not have been close to, made you angry. She was so young, she probably had no idea who she wanted to be, and you could tell that she was scared. You wanted to help her.

The door swung open and hit the wall violently, so you slowly picked your head up to see who was coming in. It was everyone, unsurprisingly. Except, they had something much more terrifying compared to a towel and a water bucket.

"Anatoly, get that fire ready for me." Taejun said. "Heat up the rod."

You shook your head and let it fall back, knowing very well that you couldn't get out of this one. You heard Taejun open the container and felt him smear the substance down the middle of your stomach in a straight line, starting right under your bra and ending above your belly button.

"Do you know what this is, Y/N."

"Yes." You whispered.

He smiled. "What is it?"

"White phosphorous." You replied. "It's white phosphorus."

He patted your leg and backed away from you, and you let your head fall back again. Anatoly already had the rod ready for Taejun. Taejun grabbed the extremely hot metal rod and walked over to you, admiring your state as he applied the rod to the white phosphorus.

You screamed in agony, involuntarily arching your back as the phosphorus ignited and ate through your skin. You writhed and thrashed in the ropes, trying to fight the pain, but it was excruciating, and you ended up giving up all together. You were crying, panting, whimpering as the white phosphorus left its mark on you and left it's pain embedded in your flesh.

You heard the cell laughing, Jinx whining, but you couldn't even keep your head up long enough to look at anyone. You were out in seconds.

"Really?"

Your eyes snapped open at the echoing voice in the dark room you were in. You were no longer tied up, but you were alone, or at least you thought.

"You're giving up? Just like that? I thought I taught you better."

You looked around the room, knowing exactly who's voice that was. "Mom? Where are you?"

She stepped out into a small light and crossed her arms. "I can't believe you."

"What?"

"You are my daughter, Y/N. I taught you not to give up, I taught you to keep going."

"It hurts, Mom." You gestured to your abdomen area. "I've never felt pain like this before."

"No, but you've endured worse. You lost your sister, you lost me, you lost your baby, you lost Jisung, or so you thought. Those were great pains that you felt."

You let your arms fall. "Why me?"

"Because you're you." She replied. "That's just it. They don't like who you are, but let me show you something." She gestured for you to go to her, so you did, and a door popped up. "If you weren't you, Y/N, everything would be different."

The door opened, and your mother gently pushed you in. You looked around at the familiar setting and found that it was your childhood home, except it was present time.

"Y/N?"

You turned and saw your mom, who engulfed you into a tight hug. "Hey, Mom."

"How's my musician today?"

You tilted your head. Musician? You weren't a musician. Ki-Bum was a musician. The door suddenly opened and Ki-Bum walked in, hanging his coat up. He gave Mom a kiss on the cheek, then you.

"Any cases today, Ki?" Your mom asked.

Cases? That wasn't right- Ki-Bum wasn't an agent. You were.

"No, we're still working on the one from a week ago. It's a difficult one, but we're being thorough." Ki-Bum replied.

The door opened again and Taejun walked in. At this point you were so confused and lost. He saw you and smiled. He walked over and grabbed the back of your neck, giving you a tender kiss.

"How was your day today, baby?" He asked.

You looked around, then back at him. "Me? Are you calling me baby?"

"Yes." He laughed. "I think I have the right to call my wife baby."

Wife?!

You chuckled nervously and you walked over to your mother. "Mom, where's Jisung?"

"Who's Jisung, honey?"

You pushed your hair back in a frustrated manner. "What is going on? This isn't right!"

"We're having dinner as a family tonight, remember?" Your mom said. "Your dad is coming home from Gwangju tonight."

"Dad? Dad is in prison!"

Your mom gave you a funny look. "You've always had an imagination, Y/N."

You were suddenly sucked back into that dark room, facing your mother. You were speechless, so unsure of what to even say.

"See? Everything would be different if you were a different person, Y/N." She said.

"What are you telling me? I don't know what you're telling me, Mom. Help me!"

She grabbed your shoulders. "I'm telling you to be Y/N. The strong, fierce, federal agent I raised. Not whoever is in that chair right now, broken and discouraged because of some terrorists with a personal vendetta against you. Hate has never stopped you from fighting before!"

You stared at her for a moment. "What if I can't-"

"You can." She cut you off. "You need to help Jinx, you need to help Jeanne, you still have things to say to Jisung and the boys, and most importantly, you have a life to live. So go live it."

-