Demar x Kyle

Everyone is born with a song, only they know the song though. There's no words or lyrics, just a tune, and when you find the other person that has your tune, you've met your soulmate.
I rolled my eyes as I closed the article on my computer. It's been 25 years and I haven't found my soulmate, why should I expect to find them anytime soon, it shouldn't even bother me anymore. I pulled myself out of my thought and focused back on my computer. I pulled up the recent x-ray of DeMars knee and I saw where the bone was healed and I also saw where the MCL was attached. I couldn't find the pin that we had put in though. I zoomed in on the photo and I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the pin in its correct place. I felt and heard my phone buzzing from beside me, I glanced at the ID and saw that DeMar was calling me.

"Hello" I said when I answered.

"Oh hey I didn't think you'd pick up" I heard DeMar say "your usually really busy around this time of day."

"Mmh" I mumbled to agree with him, but also to let him know I was listening.

"But I'm stuck in traffic so I might be a little late" he said and I smiled and shook my head a little.

"That's fine DeMar" I said "your my last patient today so your not putting me behind schedule."

"Oh ok that great" DeMar said in an excited tone and I smiled at his childishness.

"I'll see you whenever you get here" I said "oh can you tell Amberlie to call me when you get here" I asked him.

"Oh yeah I can do that" he said and I nodded.

"Thanks, we've got some things we need to talk about and I just need to arrange a time with her."

"Ok well I'm gonna let you go back to whatever you were doing" he said and I smiled and nodded.

"Slight see you later DeMar" I said.

"Bye Kyle" he said before he hung up. I smiled and shook my head, the way he said Kyle did something to me. It's definitely wrong to be a physical therapist and have a like one of your patients, but there's something different about DeMar and I can't quite pin point what it is. I shook my head trying to forget about him while I finished paperwork for another patient.

"Shit I have to send Renée's doctor and note" I muttered. My office phone rang and I groaned before I picked it up. "Hello" I said.

"Hey Kyle" I heard Amberlie say. "DeMar told me to call you."

"Yeah, yeah um look I'm really busy right now do you mind if I call you back" I asked her.

"Oh yeah that's fine, you could come see me after DeMar instead of trying to get my by phone." She suggested and I shrugged.

"Ok I'll come up in a few hours, just tell me if I interrupt something" I said.

"You know I'd let you interrupt anything Kyle" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Ok, ok, well since demars here I've gotta go" I said.

"Ok talk later" she said and I hung up. I stood up from my chair that I had been sitting in all day and I stretched. I walked out of my office and into the therapy rooms.

"Your x-rays look really good" I said as I walked in and he jumped a little and I smiled. "Sorry I should've knocked or something."

"Oh no it's fine it just caught me off guard" he said and I smiled and nodded.

"Can you lay back for me" I asked him as I grabbed some oil for the massage I was about to give him. "You should only have two more months left if you keep doing what I tell you to do" I said and he sighed and nodded.