Damian x Kemba

"Excuse me, may I have another?" I ask the bartender as she politely nods and whisks off to make me another drink. I let my eyes scan the room, noticing the multitude of ladies around staring at me. Someone walking in caught my attention, however. It was Kemba. His eyes landed on me and he smiled a little as he slowly snaked his way through the crowd and over to me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me with a sly smile.

"Oh, I don't know. I could ask you the same thing." I beamed. "It's technically the off-season. They're no games or practices going on... Shouldn't you be back in Boston or somewhere on an island that doesn't have corona? Not here in Portland." He smiled at my comment, while simultaneously signaling the barmaid.

"What's your favorite drink?" he asks her. She pauses for a second, pondering her response when she finally spoke up and said, "A whiskey sour."

"Perfect," Kemba says happily. "I'll take two, please." The bartender nods and then disappears into the back to get the required ingredients and Kemba turns his attention back to me.

"But umm... I don't know," he said "I just was bored at my house and it's been a month since this quarantine lockdown shit so I wanted to go somewhere."

"But Portland, though?" I asked him "You could've gone to LA or New York, DC, or even Florida," he chuckled and smiled up at me. "Portland is just so boring." I said.

"Well, you only think that because you live here." he retorts and I raise an eyebrow.

"What's in Portland that you wanted to do?" I asked him.

"Ummm the zoo..?" he said, which came out more like a question "Isn't there a garden here or something?" he said and I grinned at how cute he looked trying to come up with something to say.

"CJ" he taunts after a short pause.

I gasped and clutch my chest in mock pain. "You said CJ before me!?"

"Well... if I'm being honest with you man," he drags out the 'L' and scratches the back of his head. "You're kind of boring."

"What, why am I boring?" I asked him and he smiled and shrugged.

"You just are, you don't do anything." I rolled my eyes at the comment as he flashed a wry smile. I leaned on my hand and watched his expressions change as he glanced around the room. When his gaze met mine again, his eyes lit up.

Growing weary of the silence, I finally spoke up and asked, "Well, since you're in Portland, why don't you spend some time with me?"

His eyes widened and darted down to his lap. "Umm that's cool, I guess" he murmured and I smiled, amused.
He flashes a small at me and I smile back at him.

Kemba scans the room as he takes a sip of his first drink, "Everyone's looking at you," he said and I laughed.

"No, they're all looking at you," I start and he smiles and he shakes his head, "Why do you care?

"I don't really care, it was just an observation I made," he said and I nodded.

"Awww, is Kemba jealous that someone is getting more attention than him" I teased and he rolled his eyes and shook his head again.

"That's not true," He took another sip from his drink and his eyes darts to the bartender as she poured someone a drink, "Well since you clearly want me to spend time with you so badly, what do you want to do?" he asked me and I smirked a little.

"Well we can start by going back to my place" I said and I saw his eyes bug out of his head, "I don't know what we'd do after that though, let's just go with the flow" I said