08

MARK

MARK:
yo haeyoung could you come over for awhile? i kinda need some help

HAEYOUNG:
help with what?

MARK:
my baby sister just came back from her camp and her friends are over as well

HAEYOUNG:
i don't see the problem with that?

MARK:
her friends won't leave me alone and i have to help minguk unpack before my parents come back bc they will nOt tolerate her messy room. she's in the shower rn and i can't really get the job done with her friends bothering me and touching my things :/

HAEYOUNG:
i'll be right over, marker

MARK:
thanks, i'll treat you some food after we're done with everything

___

"OPEN THE DOOR YOU PIECE OF-"

"good evening to you too, haeyoung." mark rolled his eyes and opened the door wider for haeyoung to enter.

"how much more do you have to unpack?"

"...i haven't started," mark replied in a hushed tone, blood rushing to his cheeks and ears due to embarrassment.

haeyoung let out a big sigh before opening the door to his room. "uhhh, hi?" haeyoung waved her hand at the two girls in his bedroom, touching whatever that was on his desk and messing up his bedspread.

"is that your girlfriend?" one of the girls asked.

"i didn't know you had a girlfriend, mark." the other drawled.

"oh she's actually not my girlfriend. she is my-"

"haeyoung!" mark was cut off by his 6 year old sister screaming and jumping into haeyoung's arms.

"i missed you so much, i haven't seen you in ages!" minguk hugged her tightly.

"i missed you too!" haeyoung smiled gleefully and patted her back.

"alright, enough of this sappy shit-"

"mark, i'll tell mum you said a bad word." minguk tantalized him.

"please don't," mark pleaded, placing his hands together in desperation.

"hmmm. clean my bedroom, unpack my stuff and change my bedsheets. then we'll call it a deal." she smirked.

mark rolled his eyes in aggravation but agreed in the end, since haeyoung offered to help. he couldn't pass down that offer as she looked so genuine about it and he in fact, did call her over to help.

the two went into minguk's room, planning to clear up the mess that was sprawled out on the floor in front of them before his parents got back.

halfway through, the pair were surprisingly holding up really well despite minguk blabbering non stop and pacing around the room, trying to perfect every corner since her friends went home and weren't around to entertain her anymore. but as soon as the sun started to set, the three slowly lost energy and grew tired, exhaustion slowly dawning on them.

___

"we're finally done!" mark exclaimed in jubilation and fell onto minguk's bed, closing his eyes.

"actually... we're not."

"huh?" mark sat straight up, looking right at haeyoung.

"your room still has to be tidied, remember?" haeyoung scrunched her nose.

"yeah, get your stinky butt of my bed and go back into your own room. your work is done here." minguk sassed and pushed mark off the bed, him falling on the floor with a loud thud.

"whatever." mark muttered under his breath before making his way out and into his own room, haeyoung following suit.

"at least we cleared her room before your parents got back," haeyoung applauded him, trying to lighten the mood as they were both out of energy.

"thankfully. oh, they're here now." the door to his bedroom opened and his parents peeped into the slightly ajar door.

"we're home- oh haeyoung! i didn't realise you were here!" mark's mother showed her a maternal smile.

"good evening, i was just hanging around haha," haeyoung bowed her head and mark's parents decided not to disturb them, leaving the two alone in the room.

neither of them had the energy to get off his bed to turn the lights on so they remained on his bed, darkness engulfing them. their only source of light was the orange hue from outside faintly seeping in through the small opening of his curtains. neither of them wanted to initiated a conversation, they just sat in silence and appreciated each other's presence.

a few minutes passed and mark's stomach started grumbling. haeyoung let out a soft giggle.

"aww is markie hungry? let's go eat, you're paying."

"sure,"

the two made their way out the door, immediately getting hit in the face by the cool breeze. hues of purple and blue broke into the sky and later, stars filled up the night sky.

___

A/N: i havent gotten to the drama/ angsty part yet but it'll most likely be out soon in a few chapters or so. i hope everyone has a gr8 day/ night <3