14

rule #2
—don't get attached to somebody you could lose.

___

"what's that?" haechan asked as he glanced at haeyoung's phone under the desk. they were currently in class and haechan switched seats with mark, claiming that he wanted to disturb haeyoung. yes, he disturbs renjun too, but renjun just ends up choking him.

"nothing," haeyoung turned her phone off and placed it face down, not wanting him to ask anymore questions.

"that's definitely something. what's that?"

"i said it was nothing,"

"are we keeping secrets from each other now? how could you, i thought we were best friends!" haechan dramatically gasped.

"what? i never said that!"

"then why won't you tell me?"

"i would tell you, but not now-"

"cha haeyoung, lee donghyuck. detention. i've been looking at the both of you bicker for the past minute or so and i've had enough. no more talking or out of the class you go. is that understood?" ms kim, the most grouchy teacher chided.

"yes, ms kim. sorry." the two hae's apologised. they probably didn't mean it, but they didn't want to get into more trouble.

jeno snickered at the both of them from the back, earning a small smack from jaemin.

"don't laugh at haeyoung."

"what if i was only laughing at haechan?" jeno retorted, sticking his tongue out.

jaemin rolled his eyes and looked in front, tired of arguing with his friend. after all, jeno was already grounded. he didn't need detention to make him feel more suffocated than he already was.

___

"where are the two hae's?" chenle piped up. the absence of the two of them made a huge impact, especially to the two younger boys.

"detention." jaemin sighed.

"missing your girlfriend and boyfriend already?" jisung teased the lonely boy. jaemin was sad, he didn't have jeno or haeyoung there with him. jaemin quickly sat up straight from his slouching position and was ready to argue with the smaller kid.

"what do you mean boyfriend?! jeno isn't my boyfriend- oh you wouldn't know how it feels to be lonely do you? you have chenle here by your side all the time." his glum demeanor instantly switched to a raging one.

"i didn't mention that jeno was your boyfriend though?" jisung stuck his tongue out at the older male teasingly. at this point, jaemin was tired having to watch over chenle and jisung. well, mainly jisung. jeno was still grounded, mark and renjun had to go home early to run some errands and the two hae's were in detention, leaving only jisung, chenle and jaemin left. they were in chenle's house playing and jisung was being disrespectful to jaemin like usual.

"chenle stop attacking me," jisung groaned as chenle kept throwing knives at jisung's character in the game.

"what am i here for? moral support in case your player dies?" jaemin complained. he was tired. he had been sitting on the floor watching chenle and jisung fight— be it in game or physically for what felt like forever and he was drained, having to deal with two literal kids. not to mention, his occasional arguments with jisung as well.

"pretty much. it's only been thirty minutes. the next round will start soon once i kill jisung." chenle explained to a frustrated jaemin.

"thirty minutes? it felt like forever watching the both of you. this is a never ending game i just know it. i'll be going home now. i'd rather spend my time on my phone that is recharged than watch the both of you." jaemin stormed out of chenle's house, slightly mad. but we all know he can't stay mad at the younger duo for long.