36 | Positive

The longer FP and Alice were together, the more everyone got used to the situation. She was truly glowing every time she was around him and that wasn't any different for FP. Even Betty and Jughead adjusted to the new dynamic and house and had to admit that their parents were a good fit.

When Alice entered the living room, FP's eyes lit up immediately. He had been waiting all way for her to get home to tell her the good news. The last few weeks Jughead had convinced him to publish his sketches and after some discussion he had decided to take the risk. And he did that with success. A big comic company had approached him and they were in the middle of a negotiation for him to get a job.

Of course he had to be able to balance it with his responsibilities at home, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. They really tried to make this work on every front. Alice supported him through tick and thin to follow his dreams.

''Babe, I am so close to getting the contract. They want me to send more sketches in for the Archie Comics to see if they will offer me a position as main drawer.'' He chirped happily, making her smile instantly. She loved this color on him, especially now he could use his real talents.

''Hmm,  you really are my talented man, aren't you?'' She wrapped her arms around him from behind while looking over his shoulder to his drawings, kissing his cheek. Before she knew it she was drifting away and pressed her kisses lower and lower until her hand traveled inside his flannel, stroking his bare chest.

''Woah, honey. I need to concentrate.'' He chuckled as he gently pushed her away. When he saw the pout on her face he gave her a sweet kiss.

''I gotta focus the next forty-eight hours, okay? After that I am all yours.'' FP squeezed her hips and gave her a playful wink. For now she had to settle for that. His future career was way more important than her desire to be touched right now. She wouldn't distract him if he needed his full focus now.

''Fine, you win." She playfully rolled her eyes. "I am proud of you.'' A sweet kiss on the top of his head followed, making his heart flutter. Not many people had said those words to him in his life.

**

Alice was checking her calendar to make schedule her upcoming month, including all her appointments until she noticed something uncommon. It seems like she had been missing a very important last month. Her cycle wasn't adding up and she cursed out loud that she hadn't noticed this before. While her nerves grew stronger, Jughead entered the living room to grab something to eat, like he always did.

''Jughead! Remember when you brought home that math test a couple weeks ago? Do you remember the exact date?'' She asked him seriously, crossing her arms as she did so.

''You mean the time you got irrationally angry, cried and threw chocolate at me?'' He raised his eye-brow sarcastically, as he could remember that moment way to well.

''I was aiming for your mouth. But yes that was the one.'' She defend herself with a little smile, but the fact that he remembered that moment wasn't looking good for her. It feels like it was definitely a lot longer ago than she thought it was.

''Uh, let's check my schedule." He grabbed his phone to scroll back into his electronic agenda until he was where he needed to be. "It was like seven weeks ago.''

Alice sighed frustratedly and grabbed her glasses of her nose to throw them to the side. She was in deep trouble. All the signs pointed at her being pregnant and she was going to face those consequences very soon.

''I don't believe this. That means it has been seven weeks since my last period.'' Even though she was talking to herself, Jughead was still standing there, catching on to what she was referring real quick. Still, he didn't want to be part of whatever was going on, especially not if she was expecting a baby. That was something they needed to figure out on their own.