37 | Car Scratch

"This is how we found out that you are pregnant? Because of a broken garbage bag?" FP asked her in disbelief, dropping the trash to the side and placing the test on the counter, demanding an explanation. It wasn't everyday you found out that the girl your son was dating was expecting a baby.

"Trust me FP, I guarantee you will have a completely different view on this in 48 hours." Betty tried to calm him down and smiled even when she couldn't tell him why she thought so. Still, FP wasn't picking up on what she was telling.

"Betty, this isn't something time will heal." He scoffed, not understanding the slightest why she was being so breezy about this. This was a baby they were talking about.

"Does Jughead know about this already?" He asked her when she remained silent.

"He does and we are fine, FP. We're really mature about this." Betty explained, even when it was all a big lie. As long as she would answer exactly how he wanted her to he would get off her back.

"Gotta talk to my boy." He mumbled, reaching for her phone. But Betty stopped him quickly, he couldn't call Jughead to talk about a baby they weren't having.

"Focus on your presentation first." She pointed to his drawings that weren't nearly finished. Even though he hesitated for a second, she knew he was right. He could talk to Jughead when he was home.

"Yeah because as long as we got money who cares how many pregnant teenagers we have running around the house." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes as Betty grabbed her coat to go out for some groceries.

"See! That's the spirit." She chirped happily, teasing him just enough to make him send her a glare. It shouldn't be funny to her, but he was acting so protective that she couldn't help herself.

**
Even though she first had made the plan to go to the doctor tomorrow, she just couldn't wait anymore. So there she was, in the office of her doctor waiting for her results.

She was internally freaking out already on how long she was pregnant and how to tell FP. If she had to guess, she'd say she was pregnant for eight weeks now. She remembered a night they had earth shattering sex— that must have been the moment she got pregnant. It had been after she had publicly announced them and he had been over the moon.

"So, when am I due? I'd like to have some time before I'd break the news to my boyfriend. Around four... years should do it." She said with a feigned smile. The possible scenarios on how FP would react were making her spiral already.

"Then I have good news for you. You're not pregnant." Doctor Samwell folded her hands. She felt a bit sorry for Alice, especially when she knew deep down that she was excited about this. Her words begged to differ, but when you saw plenty of pregnant women everyday you knew how to spot excitement.

"I am not? But what about the home test I took?" She asked confused. The two pink lines were encraved in her mind. That had to mean something right? Above that all, she was more tired than usual which she also labeled as a sign that she was indeed carrying a child.

"Do you have any idea how old that test was, Ms. Smith?" Her doctor raised her eye-brow, already implying with the cause was of her false positive.

"I guess about five years old? Do these thing have an expire date?" Alice always thought that it didn't matter how long they had been in her cabinet. They didn't expire that fast, right?

"That's the problem Miss. Expired pregnancy tests can give a false positive sometimes." Samwell explained kindly.

"But what about my monthly visit? She hasn't stopped by in a while now." Alice became more and more every second. Why hasn't her period showed up for over six weeks if she wasn't pregnant? That didn't make any sense.