46 | Big Question

"You wanted to talk to us?" Betty raised her eye brow as her and Jughead were walking downstairs, looking at FP who was sitting on the arm chair next to the couch.

Alice was at work and since he had a day off he had asked them to sit down to talk about something important. For nights he had tossed and turned to asked himself whether this was a good idea or not, but the more he thought about it the more sure he became.

"Yes, please take a seat." He gestured for the couch, and so they sat down. Though, their concern seemed to grow as FP looked nervous. Was there something going on with the two of them? Was one of them sick? Fired maybe? Or was the baby not healthy anymore?

"I know things have been difficult the last few months. Are you guys okay?" He asked the two teenagers, which was a question they hadn't expected. For a second they looked at each other, not sure what to say.

Truth was, the last few weeks they had been talking a lot more about their relationship. Part of them wanted to give it a second chance, no matter the circumstances. So, asking them how things were going was harder to give an answer to than FP knew at that moment.

"We are figuring things out." Betty smiled slightly, feeling a little uncomfortable discussing this right now.

"Good, I guess." Jughead shrugged, not feeling the need to talk about this right now either. He appreciated the concern, but this was something between him and Betty. His Dad and Alice should worry about other things.

"What is it?" Betty asked when FP stayed silent. It wasn't because he didn't know why he asked them downstairs, but more because he was trying to search for the right words.

"I wanted to ask you both for your blessing." He said in one breath, thinking this was the best way to ask what was on his mind. But they didn't catch on what he was hinting on as he hoped to.

"For what exactly?" Jughead asked confused, not sure what his father was referring to. If this was asking for being okay with him and Alice having a baby, that was a little too late.

"I would love to ask Alice to marry me." He cleared up. His heart rate sped up as he was afraid of their reactions. Would they be mad? Would they be against him marrying her? But neither of the kids said something. They just stared back at him with an expression he couldn't read.

"Can one of you say something?" FP laughed nervously to somehow break the tension with no success.

"Is that because you're having a baby?" Jughead's brow raised to his hairline. He had expected a lot, but certainly not this. Why get married when they were already pregnant? What was the extra value to that? Alice was already family, did they really need a certificate for that? It would only make him and Betty getting together more and more difficult.

"No. Yes. Well, not exactly. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with her, no doubt in my mind. First I wanted to wait until the baby is born, but it feels like I can't hold it back any longer." FP gave them a soft smile, hoping that they would know he was being genuine.

Even before they were pregnant there had been moment where he had looked at Alice and known that he wanted to marry her. He had almost blurted it out many times before, but now he wanted to make sure he would do it they way he was supposed to do.

He had never proposed before. When he got married to Gladys it had been a conversation about how that would secure them for not testifying against each other and how that would benefit Jughead. There was no romance involved in that decision. So, this time, the first time he'd actually get down on one knee, he wanted to do it like in the movies. But not without the consent of their kids.