45 | Special Little Family

They had been at the mall for a couple of hours now, making sure they would get everything for when the baby comes. It was quite early, but they didn't want to procrastinate until Alice was almost due. So, there they were, the four of them in a baby shop that had practically everything they could wish for. There were even things FP had never seen before and had to figure out what kind of function it had. 

"What do you think of this, Al?" FP held up a mini leather jacket that matched his own. She gave him a glare that he would swear was turning him on. 

"We're not putting him into a leather jacket." Alice warned him, even though she secretly thought of how adorable it would be. 

"Come on, it'd be so cool!" Jughead laughed as he grabbed the jacket in his hands, admiring how cute it looked. A toddler in this costume was going to look amazing. He'd be a small FP and Jughead. 

"Of course you'd side with him. What do you think, Betty?" Alice turned to her daughter, hoping to get some back-up but she was just as much smiling at the jacket. 

"I think it will look great. Just look at it!" The girl beamed brightly and held up those puppy eyes that were hard for Alice to resist. They were right. This would definitely look cool on their baby boy. 

"Okay, fine. You win." She chuckled and received a triumph smile from FP. How could she say no? It'd would look cute on their kid, even though it'd take a few years before he'd fit into it. FP laughed and walked his way to wrap his arms around her waist. Her baby bump was really starting to show, and it looked absolutely stunning on her. 

"Don't be sad, I'll make it up to you babe." He whispered lowly, his nose gently bumping hers. Alice grinned as he was teasing to kiss her.

"Hmm, you will? And how will you do that?" She purred as his hands slid down from her lower back down to her ass. He couldn't care less about the fact that they were in the middle of a store. Everybody had to know that she was his girl. 

"You will have to wait and see." He whispered lowly, a chuckle leaving his mouth as he looked into those sparkling eyes of hers.

"You're always forgetting we are right here." Jughead reminded them with a smirk as he threw the little stuffed animal they had in their shopping cart their way. FP caught it smoothly and threw it back with a grin. It wasn't until Alice winched in pain that his attention was turned back to her. 

"Are you okay?" He asked her worried when she grabbed her stomach and placed her hand on her back. She had experienced some pain before, but she had never looked this hurt. This was something he hadn't gone through with Gladys when she was pregnant with Jughead, but he had put all his free time into learning how to help her. 

"Yeah, just a lot of back pains. I'll be fine."  She breathed heavily and tried to sound convincing. Though, it was hurting her more than she'd like to admit. It wasn't uncommon to have this amount of discomfort in your body, she had felt the same way when she was pregnant with Betty. 

"Come, let's try that new rubbing technique we learned." He placed his arm around her and started to rub soothing circles on her back and her belly, just like the doctor had informed him to do. If he couldn't take away her pain, he at least tried everything to make sure she would have as less pain as possible.

All Jughead could do was stare at the couple. And suddenly it all hit him. The tenderness of his father's hand rubbing both Alice's stomach and back. The way he looked at her with so much concern in his eyes. The shopping cart full of baby clothes. The parents to be who were doing anything to make sure their kid would be fine. A couple who were so head over heels with each other. A whole future for a baby with the most loving family he could ever wish for.