51 | The Perfect Date

After a long day of work Alice and FP had finally landed on the couch together to take a breath. The twins were already asleep and wouldn't wake for their dinner for at least an hour. Before FP could lean to kiss his girlfriend he heard the doorbell rang. 

Alice whimpered and fell back into the couch. One look was enough to tell the other what they were thinking. If they would ignore it, they'd go away soon enough. But then just before their lips connected the bell rang again. FP stood up with a sigh and let go of her hand to open the front door. He looked straight into the smiling faces of Hermione and Fred. 

"What are you two doing here?" He looked at the couple confused, but they barged in without waiting for consent. 

"We're here to babysit. You two deserve some time to yourselves." Fred explained in a nutshell, waiting to get a list of task in his hands. 

"That's sweet, but we're fine." Alice smiled at her friend, appreciating the gesture but also being totally fine with staying at home. 

"Betty and Jughead called. They asked Pop to leave the diner for just the two of you." Hermione added to their statement, urging them on to go out for a while. 

"I don't know what to say. That is so thoughtful." FP was a little caught of guard by the sweet gesture of Betty and Jughead, which made it harder to refuse. Besides, it hadn't been just the two of them for some time now. 

Alice hesitated, which is why FP decided to convince her. Opportunities like these wouldn't come on a silver plate every day. 

"Come on, baby. It might be fun. We haven't been out for a long time." He smiled sweetly and grabbed her hand to push her off the couch. She chuckled and stood up as she watched that cute sparkle in his eyes. 

"You're right. We should go." Alice agreed, making him smile even brighter. She had to admit, going out tonight, just the two of them, would be good for them. Not that there was anything wrong with their relationship, but with two infants at home you didn't have much time for your significant other. 

"Leave those two peanuts with us, we'll take good care of them. They got to bond with their uncle Freddie at some point, don't they?" Fred grinned brightly, earning a laugh from Alice. 

"The later the better." She teased him, even though she knew that Fred was going to be their favorite uncle. He'd definitely be a positive influence on their life. 

"Do you know when—" Alice shrugged on her coat, and had turned towards Fred again but he already knew what she was going to say. 

"Betty wrote down their schedule for us." He confirmed, knowing her way too well. 

"Okay. Good. That makes me feel better." She relaxed a little and felt FP rub her shoulders for a second, somehow telling her that it'd be fine. They were leaving the twins with the two people they trusted the most in the world. 

"Now go. There is an empty diner waiting for you. After that, we've got you two tickets for the drive in." Hermione looked into her purse and handed her over the tickets, which was their treat for tonight. 

"You guys are the best. We can't thank you enough." FP smiled gratefully and linked his arm with Alice's. He truly couldn't imagine what to do without two friends like them. He had known them for just a small part of his life, but he had really grown to love them so much that he couldn't see his life without them in it anymore. 

"Get your asses out of here. We'll be fine with the Chars." Fred basically pushed them towards the door, figuring that they'd never leave if they wouldn't be escorted outside. 

"The Chars?" Alice raised her eye-brow confused. 

"It's a new nickname for them." Fred explained as if that was obvious.