48 | Baby Shower

When the doorbell rang, FP made it's way over and opened the door to look straight into eyes of the father of his girlfriend. Ever since he had gotten together with Alice, for some reason Russel had become more and more his friend. From two people who would subtly insult each other they had grown to understand and appreciate what the other did for Alice.

"Russel, good to see you again." FP greeted him happily as he gestured for him to come further.

"Always fun to see the man that knocked up my daughter." Russel patted FP's shoulder with a big smirk on his face, always teasing him in any way he could. FP looked at him with a straight face for a second, not sure whether to laugh or comment back.

"I am kidding, Jones. Where is your sense of humor?" He shook his head and walked further into the living room, greeting his granddaughter and Jughead.

"Where is my pumpkin?" He turned around to face FP again after he noticed that she wasn't there yet.

"She is still asleep, which gives us enough time to prepare." FP began to smile, thinking over his whole plan for the night. Alice didn't knew any better than this night to be her baby shower, but he had planned something special for her. Actually, it's the third time he'd try to propose.

"Come on, we have no time to lose. We have to get to work." Betty clapped her hands together and grabbed the presents out of her grandfather's hold to place them on the gift table.

"You are definitely your mother's daughter." Russel rolled his eyes as he saw how eager Betty was to take over and be the party planner. While she and Jughead finished the last decorations and placed the snacks on the table, two other guests arrived.

"Hermione, Fred! Glad you are here." FP beamed when he saw the couple standing on their front porch. They were her two best friends and could most definitely not be missed tonight.

"We've got everything, but this is the one and only time I'll buy virgin champagne." Hermione held the bottle of non-alcohol up to his face and shook her head disapprovingly. Alice was the only one she'd buy this for.

"So, talk us through it chef." Fred crossed his arms, ready to hear how this night was going to be planned out. As far as he know this all was going to lead to FP popping the question, which most definitely included some steps.

"Alice has to believe this is her baby shower, alright? We have to keep up that act until she'll unwrap my present." He explained shortly. After all, this was her baby shower too. The only thing different was that what he was about to give her would hopefully change their lives.

"Can I see it?" Hermione asked him curiously as she no idea what he was about to give her except for a ring.

FP nodded and handed her over the book he had printed, with inside his own drawn comic of the two of them. At the end of the little story his character asked Alice's character to marry him, which he would do a second later in real life when she was done reading. It was something close to his heart and so small and intimate that it felt like the right way to do it.

"She is going to love this so much. It's absolutely beautiful." Hermione smiled sweetly as she was done reading, and handed it over to him again.

"You're putting a lot of effort into this." Russel smiled as he looked around the room. It was one of the reasons he was sure he wanted this man to marry his daughter. He'd go all out for her to prove his love. 

"She's not just any woman, Russel. You should know." FP smirked, as they were one of the few men in the world to know that Alice could be a handful. But neither of them would have wanted it any other way.