A showcase with @ambielea_x, author of Model Me Devotion

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

I was actually very inspired by two Sims 2 Voice Over series' on YouTube: Marry Me and Out Of Focus. They gave me bundles of inspiration for my main character, Rayna.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 I struggled a lot with balancing out the amount of drama, as sometimes it felt far too full with events going on, and other times not enough so. However, I am happy with where it is now, and the completed book fits quite nicely with the word count for its genre with 65k words. I also struggled a lot writing romance scenes at first, but I got more accustomed to it whilst writing.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I looooooved being descriptive and describing scenes, actions, etc. Using new vocab, making sentences sound fun and expanding the way I write has been the most fun aspect of writing MMD.

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

I have been so blessed with a multitude of readers who have left me lovely comments and votes on each of my chapters. I treasure all of them. <3

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 Can be read as a standalone and is the main novel, however I do have spin-off's and a potential 2nd book planned/ 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 Just because one person has hurt you, it doesn't mean everyone you encounter in life will. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

Try not to go days/weeks without writing. Once you fall out of the rhythm, you can bet it will be a long old journey trying to get back into it. Try to stick to a schedule and making writing a part of your routine, and you will make progress and familiarize yourself with working on your book.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 She is stubborn, which I most certainly am.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I have a hard-headed female protagonist who has flaws, but works to change for the better. She is human.

10 do you have any future project?

 I do indeed! I am currently writing a teen fiction/mental health-based novel called Mylee Melancholy.