Chapter 2

The next morning I woke up to an empty and cold bed by my side. Swayam had been up for long. Even though we both kept tossing and turning throughout the night, I eventually slept for a few hours but I know he didn't.

I got up hastily and saw it was 7 a.m. and a Wednesday so I quickly escalated for the much needed shower.

I adjusted the temperature of the water, it was hot enough to feel it piercing my body so I took my own sweet time. It worked wonders on the stressed muscles. I wish it could relieve the emotional stress too. All I could think about, was him. I leaned my forehead on the wall in front and felt something heavy in my throat. I was on the edge but I had to maintain my calm. For him. For us.

Turning off the shower I took the robe from the hook, wrapped and tied it around myself and took a towel to dry the excess water from my hair. As soon as I stepped in front of the bathroom mirror I saw my eyes perfectly puffed which made them look smaller... ah great!! Shaking my head I got out of the bathroom towards the dressing table and immediately remembered my face from yesterday's moment.

I could totally see the difference his presence caused on my face. The eyes weren't shining, the extra glow disappeared and most importantly the smile was not reaching my eye.

Catching my train of thoughts I snapped back to the reality and started applying some eye liner and a beauty benefit cream to reduce the effects of night and a strawberry lip balm was my permanent savior.

I moved to my cupboard to wear the top Swayam liked the most. A black crop tank top with lacy straps that read 'beautiful' and paired it with black leggings. I also combed my hair and left them open as he liked.

Now the part I was dreading, I began to look for him, knowing he was not around.

As always I wasn't disappointed by him at all. I searched the living area, the balcony and the spare room of our apartment, he was nowhere to be found. Great!! I stepped in the kitchen for my morning black coffee and found a note near the coffee pot 'I am at the studio, will be back soon. Till then you finish your coffee... see you'. I saw my coffee already brewed but was cold now so I started the coffee pot again and the kitchen area got filled with my favorite aroma. In the world of tea lovers I was a coffee fan. Coffee was a drug to my taste buds but today it didn't cause the happiness which it usually does. My heart sank at this feeling.

This is what he does when he is not ready to face any situation. He separates himself from the world completely and wants to deal with it in his own 'leave me alone' kind of way. I agree this one week distance was going to be tough but I didn't think it will affect him so much.

There was something more, something was bothering him more than the physical distance thing. I needed to find it out.

I took a deep breath and poured a good amount for me. He needed space to control his emotions which was fair on his part but I wanted to be with him!! It was hard for me too and I refuse to believe that he felt it more than me. No freaking way!!!

I finished my coffee, put on my canvas shoes and left for the dance studio to bring back my Swayam to me.

It took a good 10 mins run to the studio as it was near to our place plus it warmed me up a bit.

The studio looked aesthetically pleasing from the outside... all white wall with minimal dance graffiti on it and the name read 'Fanaa' which meant 'destruction of self, for love'.

Dance was the reason I had Swayam in my life. He was a professional choreographer in the TV industry and owned this studio for budding dancers to practice and improve themselves. We shared the passion for it as it was another world for us to escape the reality and just feel the serenity it provided. So the name was just on point for us!!