Chapter 7

We booked a local Taxi for the day and began our journey. The first few hours were spent taking the necessary permissions for the sightseeing then we straightaway decided to visit Shanti Stupa first.

It was five kilometres away from our hotel and the drive till the Stupa provided us with panoramic view of Leh.

When we were kids we all had that basic idea of how heaven looked right? With clouds and everything glowing and hazy. Well... this was almost the replica... the magnificence and the beauty knew no bounds!! We were behaving like crazy doing the oooooo's and aaaaaa's on the way and clicking pictures.

"Kriyaaaaaa, I am so happy that we decided this place for our deal.... This is sooooo beautiful!!!!!" Anjali said gawking at scenic beauty.

"I don't wanna go back please....can we extend the trip??" Nia said pleadingly making me laugh.

"Guys, relax!!! lower you adrenaline we have a lot to see and this is just the beginning so take deep breaths" I said continuing to laugh at their facial expressions. Mouths wide open, eyes jutting out and to top it all the squeals and shrieks. I pity the driver. Sorry.

"Anjali what was that dialogue about killing Swayam? You told that you'll tell later" I asked while remembering it.

"Yeah what was that about?" Nia jumped in as well.

"Nothing special... just... the way you behaved at the airport was extremely pathetic that too when we were meeting after a long time so I just called him instantly and asked everything and he told me simple"

"What did he tell?" Nia asked and I got stiff.

"He told that he was scared for Kriya. He had this feeling that Veer would be here too because he also knew about this trip and since Kriya will be all by herself here he might wanna reach out to her and sort out things or hurt her again and stuff" Anjali told Nia.

"Okaaaayyyy..... ummm.... don't get mad for what I am about to tell you guys" Nia said nervously. No no no no please no.

"What did you do now?" Anjali asked arching her eye brow as I was feeling too dreadful to ask.

"Actually... he called me few weeks back." Shut it Nia please shut it.

"And?" Anjali asked getting enraged. She might have sensed what I did.

"We were talking casually dude... I didn't presume his motives or anything so I told him the itinerary and all..." Nia said her voice fading with every word.

"You What!!!!" Anjali was furious now.

"Hey... I didn't know he was planning to hamper the trip plus I don't think he is going to do it as he knows Kriya wouldn't want it to happen and he didn't even call after that so...." Nia said while fuming.

"Yeah right...!!!! Why the hell are you even in contact with that pathetic guy??"Anjali said.

"Watch it Anjali!!!! He is my friend and just because something happened between him and Kriya doesn't mean I'll also quit my friendship with him. He was my friend way earlier than you guys. So excuse me if I am not sorry about it but honestly I didn't intend on discussing Kriya. It just sort of happened." Nia answered back with fierceness obviously hurt by Anjali's remark.

"You seriously are a bimbo Nia" Anjali taunted Nia. She was about to answer back but I had enough.

"Will you both zip your mouths for a minute!!! He is not even here and look what happened..." I took a breath and continued.

"Nia frankly you shouldn't have discussed about this with him since you know our history together and everything. I would never want anyone to discuss me or my activities with him. And Anjali she is right, he is her friend and I don't want her to leave him just because of me alright. So quit fighting and enjoy the trip... that's why we are here and not for all this drama okay!!" I said authoritatively. They both huffed and nodded.

"Now Hug it out" I said while hugging both of them.

Suddenly the car halted and I broke our embrace to look out but wasn't able to see anything.

"Did we reach bhaiya?" I asked the driver and he nodded pointing to the back side of our car.

"I will be in the Taxi only. Just give me a call when you're done okay" he said and I nodded getting out of the taxi.

"Thank you!!" I said and smiled. He smiled back and his eyes almost disappeared from his face. I giggled and uttered 'cute people' to myself..

We all literally stood at a distance near Stupa just watching its impeccable beauty.

Rising into the mystical skyline of Leh, Shanti Stupa was absolutely striking and flawless. It was all white, stately a two leveled structure that had Dharama chakra (symbol of Wheel of life- Buddha's teaching of path to enlightenment) surrounded by two deers at the central relief. Colorful murals and stones were cut and adorned into the dome and walls of the Stupa. It was stunning!!! Reminded me of our studio. We drove all the way up here without climbing the five-six hundred steps as it was not recommended by our driver since our bodies were still adjusting to the environment of Leh. Nia quickly ran towards it and we followed her.

On the second level there were more murals and stone reliefs depicting Buddha's birth, death, destruction of the evil while meditating and other scenes from his life and teachings. Buddha's golden idol was seated in a niche carved into the Stupa's dome. It was surrounded by mountains on all the side providing a surreal backdrop to it and was facing Leh Palace which I was dying to visit after this. We were all relishing in the tranquility of the place, going hay wire in every direction, every turn and clicking pictures so that we don't miss anything.

Silence was peaceful inside the Stupa, it felt like whatever we might have prayed reached directly to the almighty.

After few minutes I was done with its tour and praying so now I was resting by the railings of the Stupa and my overtime working mind took me to the zone that was off-limits for me.

To Veer.

I was not able to ignore the unsettled feeling the discussion in the car caused me. I was always a 'non-denial' mode person so I thought to face it now. Why was Veer asking about me? Well not directly... obviously but I know him and his ways...

He was a talker. He could persuade anyone to open their hearts to him and they didn't even realize it. My mind was becoming a mess now. How much I had to struggle to avoid any kind of contact or any memory of him to reach me but...

I want to pull my hair....!!!! without the pain obviously.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Hey guys!! Its great to see you hanging on with my story... and I promise to keep the build up. I know some of you hate that thing but it's fun for me hahahaha. I love that feeling of uncertainty of what's going to happen next so allow me to make you all feel that way... Keep SHARING, Keep VOTING and COMMENT your favorite parts!! Love Love.