Chapter 3

It was 9 in the morning by the time we left for the airport which meant office hours which also meant greetings by the famous traffic jam of Mumbai.

This was something inevitable part of Mumbai's life!! Your journey was incomplete if you didn't get stuck in one of them. That was the beauty of the city's disciplined hustle. When you don't find any traffic which was as rare as the Halley' comet you would feel strange, you would start doubting your navigation skills and you might want to convince your brain that yes 'I was still in Mumbai'.

The drive till the airport was fun or I should say I tried to put my best effort to not get all sentimental. We both played our favorite tracks, grooved on it and the weather was a blessing today.

Cloudy and cool.

I kept the windows down and felt the morning breeze mixed with pollutants caress my cheeks. After fifteen minutes of smooth drive we met with the jam, which was extended all over the airport route and you know what was the funny part? The maps showed less of the walking time till the airport than by our car!!! Mumbai.

After the long traffic hour we finally reached the airport gate around 10:30 which was the perfect time for an 11:45 flight. I took out my luggage and Swayam went to park our car. Now was the time, I could allow myself some emotions.

Within few minutes he came back and hugged me tighter than my lungs allowed. "Hey!!!! Are you planning to kill me?? I can't breathe!!" I said in a choked voice and he chuckled while loosening his grip. "You are stuck with me for this life, so won't go that easy on you. Call me when you land okay!! Please take care of yourself"

"I will now smile..." I pulled his cheeks and then kissed his knuckles. He let go of me and I waved him bye. 

"Kriya" he shouts just before I could enter.

"Yeah?"

"What if.... ummm... What if HE will be there?" he said while looking down at his feet with hands in his pockets.

Swayam never avoids eye contact never and right now he was looking everywhere but me.

I couldn't process his words soon maybe that's why my eyes went wide and my face paled, I could feel it. That was the thing which was worrying him so much. It wasn't the distance... maybe it was but this was the main reason.

Dropping my luggage I went back to him and held his face in my hands. "I LOVE YOU, that's the reality and the only thing that matters okay??" realisation crossed his face as I could see him getting relaxed.

"I know... I... Damn it I shouldn't be thinking about him after everything but the thought scared me a bit. I know you love me but I also know how you felt for him. I didn't want to keep this thought from you so I fessed up" he said and I felt sad at his vulnerability.

"Just remember what I said and trust our love" I said more so reminding myself than telling him. He nodded and I walked through the gate as quickly as I could. I didn't look back because my heart would have shattered again by seeing the teary look on his face.

I hate him for loving me so much but I love him more for loving me like I was the only one for him.

The whole security check and luggage process ate a lot of time so it kept me distracted, more to say like kept me away from the darkness of my own thoughts right now.

I completed the process and was sitting in the chair in the waiting area. My flight was announced within fifteen minutes of my waiting so I got up hastily and made my way to it.

I entered the flight and now I was searching for my seat. The moment my eyes landed on the seat number I relaxed but the moment was short lived.
"You have got to be kidding me" I groaned, standing in the aisle, loud enough that the man sitting in front of me gave me a 'Are you crazy??' stare.