Chapter 6

It was five in the morning when my irritating body alarm woke me up. God I hated this thing to the core. Once my sleep was intruded there was no way in hell I could go back again.

Groaning I got up, still rubbing my eyes and adjusting them to my surrounding... yeah...the hotel as it dawned on me that I was away from home. Like an irritated kid I got up from my cozy-warm bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. The only thing I missed in Mumbai besides the street food of my hometown Delhi, was this feeling of not wanting to get out from your warm quilts in the winter season. Yeah Mumbai had the capacity till twenty degrees and I guess that was it... end... whereas for Delhi you already know.

I took my time as I had plenty because there was no way I could wake those sleeping beauties before nine. Lucky bitches. I brushed my teeth, took my warm shower and got dressed in a thin jacket and legging. After that I poured water in the electric kettle provided to us by our hotel and turned it on for boiling. There was a coffee sachet so why not... my body could use some caffeine for the day ahead. Since the coffee was in making I decided to do some stretching in the balcony. Our hotel was at a good altitude in the area so as soon as I opened the curtains I could see the sun peeking through the fluffy clouds.

I opened my door to move out but a wandering cloud obstructed my way and got past me in the room. I giggled and attempted to catch it like an excited kid.

The view was unbelievably fascinating. I could feel my lungs in happy state as I inhaled the fresh air of the city. Leh always topped my travel list since I was a kid. I would see these amazing pictures of the landscape and the valleys on google, there was not a single blog left that I didn't go through for my imaginative trip here. And now, standing here, breathing here, I was in ecstatic state of mind.

Inhaling again I stretched out my arms first, then my back and then finally my legs by doing a full split stretching. Just bragging.... Even the stretching was fun today and for the first time I did it without music because the view was just out of the world amazing and the serenity was beyond expectation.

Finishing up I went into the room and took out my outfit of the day. A very light shade of pink colored blouson top, a faded ripped jeans, my absolute favorite black biker jacket and to complete the look, my boots. I was left with two n half hours till nine so I decided to check on Swayam.

I was...nervous? Yeah... and to a great extent.

I picked up my phone and the lock screen wallpaper blew away all the nervousness. It was a candid picture of me and Swayam from a dance performance. He held my left knee around his waist and the other hand was on the small of my back and I was clinging onto him by wrapping my right hand around his neck and other one was touching his palm where he held me by my knee. It looked like a perfect dance wallpaper pose.

Now I didn't know why I was nervous... this was my Swayam.

Smiling, I unlocked the phone and began dialling his number.

At the first ring itself he picked up and breathed "Kriya..."

The way he took my name I could tell relief flooded through his veins just like mine. He was breathing hard and for few moments neither of us spoke anything and continued to listen to each other's breath and relishing this comfortable yet intimate silence between us. He must have been dancing in the studio... I could tell it by the way he exhaled... hard and erratic while mine was steady.

"I... I am sorry Kriya" he choked on his words letting me know that he was just on the verge of losing control.
Before I could respond he continued.

"I really am, I didn't know why I was thinking about him. I trust you Kriya and you know it. But it was just a thought and nothing more than that... I could never doubt you. It's just that I was scared for you, if anything was to happen I won't be there with you that's all really, nothing more to it. I swear. I love you so much" he said then lost his control. "Do you have any idea what was it like to be away from you? I was going insane, I thought I lost your trust, and this silence of yours killed me. It's better that you shout at me, fight with me or even swear at me but never and I mean it... never ever do this silent treatment of yours. It's worse than probably anything you'll say to hurt me while fighting" he whimpered and swallowed hard, trying his best not to cry.