Chapter 17

Last night Kriya called sometimes later on Veer's phone.

"Hello Kriya!! Are you okay?" I asked in troubled voice.

"I want to come back as soon as possible Swayam"

I took a deep breath and spoke... "I will call Parth and see what he can do"

"I think you didn't listen to me Swayam... I said I want to come back so don't see what you can do... just do it. I don't know how but you have to make it happen by tomorrow. Use money, contacts, bloody anything but get me out of here. You understand me? You have already done enough of damage so please cut some slack and do something that's needed to be done" she spoke in low and stern tone that gave me chills.

"Okay" and she was gone!

The call from Kriya sucked the life out of me. I had seen her on her worst behavior but that... that was extremely insensitive and ruthless on her part. I had never witnessed this cold blooded version of hers until now and that was disturbing me to another level.

I know she was stressed, broken and worried like hell for him and she deserved an outlet for her feelings too but kind of blaming me for everything was not something I was expecting her to do.

I tried to be understanding but even I had my limits. She at least had her friends to console her and support her but I was all alone. The only person with whom I could share everything was the one who was blaming me, how should deal with that... how should I let out my feelings??? I was trying... trying really hard to do everything possible by me for Veer's situation and I needed Kriya's support but... I was disappointed but more than that... hurt!!

She was supposed to give me strength... She was supposed to soothe my pain with her words... She was supposed to understand me but....!!!!

Around 10 a.m. Veer's parents came back from their home.

I was sitting in the waiting area when his mother came looking for me.

"I was looking for you Son, have you eaten anything?" she asked with such warmth in her tone that my eyes almost welled up.

"Yes aunty I had a sandwich" I said and she nodded with a small curve on her lips and settled herself beside me.

Silence......

Silence usually gave me peace but at that moment it was deafening. I couldn't endure it. I had to break it.

"Aunty I... I wanted to apologize, I should have done it sooner but... I am sorry." I spoke with my head down.

Threading my hair by her fingers and surprising me at the same time she replied "You saved my son's life and that is what matters to me, you saved him and for that I will be eternally thankful to you Swayam"

I looked up and I saw the honesty with which she spoke.

Now she was gently patting my head and I finally let go... I hid my head in her lap. The guilt of Veer's condition was still killing me and I was missing Kriya so immensely. I needed her so bad but she hadn't even called back yet. It was too much to handle at once.

In this type of situation you only feel the excruciating pain that penetrates you moment by moment... how was I supposed to manage with that??

A helpless scream broke inside me!!!! I never felt so vulnerable and alone in my life!!! The only way I could take out everything was either Kriya or the studio but none were there!!!!

I didn't want to hold back anymore... I couldn't... so I let the tears fall ferociously.

It was exhausting to keep everything within yourself!!