Chapter 23

Swayam's POV

The drive till my home made me all fussy and jumpy. I was being clumsy all the way.

At first I couldn't put on my seat belt at once then I was messing with indicators then I dropped the keys three times before getting it through that stupid keyhole and unlocking the door. The keys didn't land perfectly in the bowl as they always do and all this for what??? Meeting Kriya? I was bloody married to her!! She was my wife for god's sake and yet I was behaving like a boyfriend who didn't want to spoil his first impression.

Great absolutely great!! This is what she does to me!!!

Thanks to our maid the house was clean and mess free and breakfast was prepared by her. I still wanted everything to be perfect so I re-adjusted some stuffs, sprayed room freshener all over the house and changed the water of her favorite orchids in the vase. Again thanks to the maid she bought it yesterday for me and placed it securely. When I was satisfied with the house I decided to make myself presentable.

I took a while to decide what to wear!! I usually dressed according to how I felt and I was all jittery today so I decided to go with a simple plain V-neck turquoise blue t-shirt and black cargo pants. I headed to the shower and turned the water towards the cooler side. My body was already hot because of the little efforts I put in my house redecoration so it would be best to wash it all off with cool water.

I stepped out wearing a towel towards the bathroom mirror and shaved. Then I applied my favorite after shave lotion and moved on to get dressed. I was really taking time....

I remember once my teacher told me that every boy had this one girly quality in him and I think getting ready was mine!!

I wore my clothes and stepped in front of the dressing table. Finally I will be able to see her standing in front of this, being all flimsy here while getting ready. I will be able to hold her and again be a spectator of her expressions when I touched her.

The thought itself made me smile.

I combed my hair just the way she liked and donned her favorite perfume too. Nothing should go wrong. I felt like I was prepping for a date... As far as I could recall I wasn't so nervous even at that time.

After finishing the dress up session I had my breakfast and then I decide to cook for her. I was terrible at cooking but today I wanted to be the best!!! I took out the recipe of potato curry with rice, being all hot and spicy and a chocolate cake. She loved simple food but extremes of them... hell of spicy and hell of sweet!!!

I glanced at the clock. Such a cheater!!  It was already past 12 and she would be here in few more hours!! I had to hurry!!!

I chopped the necessary veggies, put on the pan and then followed the instructions of the YouTube video carefully!!! It wasn't that hard!! I tasted it in between so that I didn't mess up!! When I was finally done with the lunch I moved to my cake which was easier because she taught me once how to make it and I did exactly as she told me to do that day!! I put the cake in the oven then cleaned up the counter.

Half an hour later everything was ready, put in the respective tableware and now all I had to do was wait!! I flopped down on the couch in my living area when Parth called...

"Hey Parth!"
"Hey Boss-man"
"Wassup"
"I just got a call from the interior team..." Oh hell no!!!!
"Shit shit shit!!!!! Parth... I... I completely forgot about the spare room damn it!!!!! She will be here today and it's... oh god!! How can I be so stupid!!!" I groaned to myself
"What are you saying"
"I forgot about it"
"So????"
"So... What do you mean so!!! It's not ready. I wanted it to be ready when she would be here and now!!" I wanted to pull my hair so bad. I did!!!
"Will you stop being so hyper and listen to me for once"
"What!!!"
"The room is ready!! You already had a lot to deal in your plate so I just coordinated with them and finished it without getting your involvement. I just wanted to know if you saw it and if there are any improvement you need or something but I guess it was a shocker for you too. So call me back when you see it and let me know if any changes"
"Are you kidding me??"
"No... go have a look right now"
" Fine.. Hang on"

I went to the spare room and opened the door. I was completely blown away from the view that I had in front of my eyes!!! It was so bloody perfect!!!!!!! The room was filled with 'Friends' TV series props. Purple walls, the peephole frame, the Foosball table and poster of all of them on one wall and lot more. It was unbelievable.

"Parth?"

"Yeah"

"Can I say I love you?" I said and he laughed like I cracked a joke but I was serious. I was overwhelmed by his gesture. I completely forgot about the room but he managed all of it behind my back. I owe him my lifetime now.

"What I am serious"

"Boss-man chill don't be an 80's actress okay. Just enjoy and give me a treat for it"

"Whatever you want man. Thank you so much" and he kept the phone and I closed the door of the room.

After that I saw my phone again and noticed a text from Kriya about informing me. It made me smile. I just needed to wait now... so I returned to the living area and turned on the TV to watch something and to distract myself. Minutes went in apprehension and when my eyes shut themselves I didn't remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I jerked immediately falling from the couch as well. How classy.

I got up quickly and took my own time to gather all my fortitude.

When satisfied, I took trembling steps towards the door. I didn't even move more than five steps when I heard a jingling sound... keys... she had them. I was frozen in my place. She was here... the sound of unlocking made my heart clench and there she was... struggling to pull her suitcase as she entered the house.

Three days... three bloody days...!!!

She tossed the keys in the bowl landing perfectly and hanged her jacket on the hooks nailed to the wall and then finally her eyes found me...

"Swayam!!!!"

Oh what a breather it was to hear my name from her lips!!!! Her voice echoed in my home, at last it came alive!! She quickly shed all of the things that posed as a barrier between us and hurled herself into my arms in just a blink of my eye.

Can you imagine the feeling of a craving being satisfied... yes... it was exactly like that... it's indescribable...

We shattered into each other literally. She threw all of her weight on me and I heartily welcomed it!!! Her grip was tight around my neck more than I could bear but I loved the feeling it caused. I also tightened my hold on her crushing her body to mine. I could feel her heartbeat, I could feel its vibration on my chest. It matched mine. We both stood like that clutching each other more and more. If there was even a slightest gap we wanted it to be removed.

All the pain... the doubts... the distance of three days nearly evaporated...!!

I wanted to see her face but I didn't have the strength to let go... I didn't want to... I wanted her close to me.

We stood there for very long until she finally whispered into my ear...

"I missed you Swayam"

I closed my eyes and nuzzled into her neck causing her to shiver... goosebumps graced her skin and I smiled perceiving the familiar intimate gesture.

She reluctantly let go of her hand by my neck and pushed me slightly. I still didn't break my hold on her but lifted my head from her neck to see her. Her eyes held tears and longing same as mine. She cupped my face in her palms and without any warning or thought she crashed her lips onto mine.

I could feel her tears on my cheeks and I kissed her back to convey my emotions... my love and every feeling that started and ended with her.

When we were almost breathless we broke our endearment only for her to kiss my forehead... my eyes... my cheeks and again a small peck on the lips.

My body was humming due to the overdose of affection and fondness. I was addicted to her. I thought only I could love endlessly... without any barriers but right now I felt no where near her love for me. It was sheer desperation, obsession and everything which sounded wrong but felt too right.

She really missed me!! She really loved me!!

Hey guys!! Aaaaah finally some romance between them. I missed that for so long... have fun and enjoy their love!!! Keep VOTING and COMMENTING on you favorite parts. Love Love!!