Chapter 11

The moment I read those words, air escaped my lungs. I was scared to turn the page. Just the anticipation of what he might have written about me was killing me... I didn't want to know... but I had to end this.

Gathering all of my strength I proceeded to read Veer's version of my wedding day and reminiscing mine at the same time.

Six months ago

Veer

"Kriya are you in there?" I lightly knocked at her room's door.

It was 7 in the evening and she was back from the parlor. It was like a day that should be written in history in golden words. The girl, well can't call her that because she never behaved like one anyway so she was getting MARRIED today.

I mean she probably spent her entire childhood, school life, graduation, post-graduation and a year or two of her work life hanging on to the phrase 'I will never get married' and today...

It was definitely going to be epic.

All four out of five friends excluding me were here to attend her wedding today. I was still having thoughts that she might just evade from her own wedding. It was hundred percent possible. She was capable of doing almost anything. But I couldn't wait to see how amusing she must be looking. This parlor thing was cracking me up.

Kriya... parlor... makeup... they didn't even sit perfectly in my mind and it was actually happening today.

"Yeah just about to run away!!! You're on time, I have packed our bags lets g...." before she could complete her sentence I barged through the door.

"Not bad Daya" she rolled her eyes and turned to face me.

The moment I saw her, my breath was instantly taken away.

There she stood... my best friend in her bridal wear, with a disgusted and pleading expression on her face as if wanting to rip off the dress and get married in a casual t-shirt, jeans, with great shoes, which by the way she planned to do but I think she aborted that mission. She was looking every synonym of beautiful!!! My eyes were glued to her face. I wanted to say something but my brilliant mind was in daze too.

I just stood there... And watched her pulling her jewelleries, adjusting her bangles which I guess she was doing from the moment she donned it. She lifted her lehenga to show me her awesome rose-gold colored canvas shoes due to which I had to dart my eyes to her foot and I also noticed something BLUE. I tried to curb my smile but I couldn't. Yes you guessed it right she was wearing a jeans underneath and I could only shake my head at this weirdly beautiful girl. Mission was accomplished after all.

"I swear I am going to enjoy killing you after I am done with this" she shouted and air waved her hands up and down her body in a dramatic way, wiping my smile.

"I know I am looking so funny and you are dying to shower your comments so shoot" she added.

I nodded mischievously but I told her exactly what I wanted to tell her.

"You look beautiful Kriya" I choked as the words left my mouth. I think I never told her that she looked beautiful. I did compliment her on her smartness, dance and everything but I never told her that she was beautiful. How nice of me, idiot...

"What???" she paused for that moment, I couldn't blame her for not believing, then as if something crossed her mind she spoke further

"Yeah yeah I know!!!! Be as sarcastic as you want to... Make fun of me as long as you want to, I will get even with you someday, okay?" she said while pointing a finger at me and then turned herself to stare at the mirror in her dressing table.