Chapter 25

Kriya's POV

It was almost 6 in the evening by the time we reached the hospital. My heart picked up it's pace. I didn't know what to actually do. I clutched Swayam's hand and he looked at me.

"Everything is gonna be okay Kriya. Don't think so much, he just wants to sort things out with you like you do"

I nodded and pressed my palms on my eyes then exhaling a breath I got out of the car with Swayam.

I held on to him till we arrived in front of Veer's room. No one was sitting outside.

"I think aunty is in the waiting area. I'll just call her"

"No wait. Let me talk to him first then you call them"

"Okay..."

I was standing outside Veer's room. I didn't know how many breaths I took even before touching the door that was the only thing separating us.

My mind somehow managed to control my limbs and I pushed the door to finally see him....

As he caught my sight, I saw him lying on the bed with his eyes closed and he was still the same. Lean, fair, ruffled hair but injuries were hiding him all the way through. My mouth fell open and I felt something crawling down my cheek... Great... I didn't want it to happen so soon!!

I put my hands on my mouth to muffle the sound of my sobs and slowly dragged my feet to sit on the stool beside his bed.

As I adjusted myself I finally took a long moment to see him.

Veer... My Veer... My best friend!!! My first love.

I lifted my hands to touch him and they shook as if touching him would make him disappear!! He was sleeping and I was glad..!! No matter how much I prepared myself during the flight or till this moment I still wasn't ready to encounter him!! I didn't remember if I ever had to think for a second to talk to him or tell him anything but today.... I feared the confrontation!!!!

Finally I put my hands on his forehead and gave into the tears that were begging me to let them out!!!

"I am so sorry Veer!!! I am so sorry!!!" I told him between my sobs. I am a coward. I didn't want to face him!!

But I needed to fess up right now!! It's already been years since college that I didn't tell him anything what I felt so I needed to do it without wasting any second.

"Veer... I loved you!!!

And I am sorry that I could never ever have the courage to tell you that!

I... never saw that you felt anything for me more than friends so I just... I kept it to myself!!! It was hard Veer very hard!!

Whenever you used to talk about some random crush of yours or asked me to set you up on a date my heart used to break piece by piece...!!

At first I ignored my feelings completely because I was scared to give in and who knows that better than you but one day...

I fell for you completely I couldn't stop myself...!!!

The day when my mom hit me and I was on the verge of an anxiety attack. I ran away from my house until I realized I was standing below yours! Your parents were out of town! I called you and you instantly took me in!!

I sat down on the floor hugging myself and I was a mess. You took care of me!!! You hugged me!! You calmed me down!!

I remember lying in your lap! I was looking at you and you were looking down at me grazing my forehead with your fingers!! You placed a soft kiss. We both didn't speak even a single word but everything was being conveyed somehow. I held you with all my might until sleep consumed me!!!