Chapter 22

Kriya's POV

The morning loomed over the city and I was up as usual on my time, way ahead of both of them. It was our last day in Leh. I was disheartened because our trip had to end this way. There was so much to this city. Such quietness and such chaos free phase of life. I made a mental note for myself to comeback if not with my girls then definitely with Swayam!

I freshened up and made a 'just for the sake' attempt to wake them up. To my surprise they didn't do any tantrums!! They both woke up instantly. Our flight was at 9 a.m. so we had to leave early as possible!

"Morning my sleeping beauties... I and this city of Leh are honoured to be able to witness your graceful presence at such early morning" I said in a poetic way.

"Ah!!! Whyyyyy... Why do we have to go!!! I don't wanna go!!!" Nia said covering her head with a pillow.

"C'mon don't be a cry baby we will come back later I promise"

"A new deal??" Anjali said.

"Yep... we'll come with our other halves what say?"

"Oh I am so in... I already planned that" Anjali said.

"Me too" Nia said raising her head and finally getting up.

"Fine done deal... Group hug?" I asked both of them while stretching out my arms and they gladly walked into them. I was so fortunate to have friends like them. They are exactly the type that people wish for and I have them in my life I mean what are the odds of that happening.

"I am gonna miss this place actually" Nia said.

"Yeah me too... it brought us closer than ever" Anjali said.

I could only close my eyes. I was gonna miss it too. It gave me beautiful memories to cherish forever.

"Okay c'mon get ready we gotta leave soon" I said undoing my embrace and they both nodded.

They both got ready turn by turn while I booked a taxi and we were set to leave. I was actually impressed by today's speed. I mean it happens once in a blue moon that Anjali and Nia wake up on time and do everything as I told them to do.

Meanwhile I started our electric kettle for the water to boil and went out in the balcony one last time. I couldn't see the sun yet but the cold morning breeze did it's work... took away even the last ounce of stress within me.

"I cannot find my gloves" Nia screamed in the room. I went inside to see the commotion.

"What happened? Why are you so scrunchy now?" I asked Nia.

"Ha ha look who is saying. The epitome of this mood. You don't qualify to ask that question to me" Nia said in a frustrating voice.

"Easy there kitty" I teased her.

"Help us pack we are not that efficient or OCD like you" Anjali said finally giving up on packing.

"Leave both of you and just prepare my coffee I'll do the rest"

"Superb" Nia jumped throwing everything at me to pack.

It's not that they didn't know how to pack they just didn't want to go from here. Idiots!!!

I finally packed all of their stuff and drank my coffee. They both also had their teas since we didn't have time to attend the hotel's breakfast. Time passed in a lightning speed. Our taxi arrived and we were ready to leave. We took all our luggage down and re-checked our room.

When we reached down till the taxi I asked the taxi driver to click a picture of ours. I took them both in each of my arm and we posed. The picture was adorable.

We then put our luggage in the trunk and started our journey for the airport. 

Usually they both always used to chit chat something or the other but today... no one spoke a word. We just looked outside and enjoyed the last few moments in this city. Whatever our eyes could take in while we were here we wanted it all.

In an hour and half we reached the airport and we finally bid goodbye to Leh.

We started with our regular check in and security plus luggage procedure and as soon as it got over we sat in the waiting area till our flight was announced.

"Kriya... Is Swayam coming to pick us up?" Anjali asked me.

"Yeah I could use his pretty face to get over this sadness" Nia chimed in and I laughed.

"No I refused"

"What the hell... why??" Nia said scowling.

"I just needed time"

"Time for??" Anjali asked.

"I know things are fine between us now but I don't know why I am feeling anxious to meet him"

"And why is that?" Nia asked.

"I don't know"

"Huh! Convenient" Nia said with a disgust.

"Excuse me!!"

"Guys please... not now please" Anjali requested.

"No!! So here's a reality check which I didn't tell you before. I seriously tried to avoid it but I think you need it real bad.

I think you mistreated him Kriya. That man managed everything by himself and instead of being there for him you pushed him away and left him alone and when we know how much he loves you and he would have done anything to see you as soon as you reached Mumbai you even took that moment away from him.

I mean why? Why are you being so unreasonable and cruel to him. It wasn't his fault Kriya none of it was his fault. Instead of thanking him you are here just...ah!!! I don't wanna speak anymore"

I was dumbfounded at Nia's outburst but whatever she said was right, absolutely right. I was heartless and cruel to him. I mistreated him. I took advantage of his love for me. I used him. My throat started to get heavy.

"I know that and I am going to make it up to him" I said in a low voice without bursting.

"You better" Nia said.

"You guys done?" Anjali asked to both of us and we both nodded and then sat in silence. We all plugged in the earphones to avoid any further feud. 

I was kind of happy to see that my friend stood for him. I should worship that man but here I was hurting him at every opportunity I got. 

After few minutes our flight was announced and we all snapped out of our trances and got up to board the flight. I was ready to prepare myself for the next few crucial hours of my life. Making up to Swayam and facing Veer. It was a lot to deal at once but both of them were too important to be postponed. 

We didn't have our seats together so we all got seated on our respective seats and I closed my eyes. 

Suddenly my phone vibrated in my hand and I took out to look at it.. a text from Anjali and Nia too.

'Everything will be fine don't stress okay just sleep it out' Anjali said.

'I should not have been that rude. I am sorry but I had to say it' Nia said.

I replied to both of them... 'It's fine. I am okay, thanks' and also texted Swayam that I boarded the flight before putting the phone on airplane mode. 

I love you Swayam and I will show it to you... I promise.

I muttered to myself and then again closed my eyes to ponder on all the various ways I had to apologize to him and how to make him feel that he meant everything to me.

Making up for the week break by a double update. I hope you enjoy it. Love Love!!! Keep VOTING and COMMENTING on your favorite parts.