🏃‍♂️01🏃‍♂️

Yoongi sat in a green, metal fold-up chair in the musty lobby of the Veteran's Hospital, waiting for his name to be called by the nurse with frizzy, brown hair behind the coffee stained desk

Yoongi sat in a green, metal fold-up chair in the musty lobby of the Veteran's Hospital, waiting for his name to be called by the nurse with frizzy, brown hair behind the coffee stained desk. The lobby was a tiny room with peeling wallpaper and flickering, yellowed lights. The magazine tables were dirty crates that faintly smelled of fish. The hospital catered only to veteran mutants and Yoongi was fairly surprised to see someone working there, after all, hardly anyone really cared about what happened to the mutants, as bad as that sounds.

"Min Yoongi?" The frizzy haired nurse called.

Yoongi stood from his seat and went up to the desk, "That would be me."

"Your volunteer form looks good. We're glad to have you on board." The nurse smiled, a shiny metal tag on her shirt revealing that her name was Jihyo.

"I'm glad to be here." Yoongi responded.

"Like the energy. That's something we need a lot of here."

"You've got a lot yourself."

"Thanks. Been training." Jihyo smiled, reaching for a file on the desk, "Now, you'll be spending time with a preselected patient for the next few weeks. You'll get to know them and hopefully make them just a bit happier. It gets awfully depressing being in here, especially for how long they've stayed."

"I bet so." Yoongi looked excitedly at the nurse as she ran her fingers across the tops of the files, "I've been looking forward to this for weeks."

"You have? Well, I hope it was worth the wait." She slid the file she'd been thumbing through across the plastic desk surface, "You've got Jeon Jungkook. He's a sweetheart. Really, he is. Just give him a little time. He's had some bad experiences with volunteers."

Yoongi nodded, shifting the info sheets inside the file around a bit, "What are his abilities? The file doesn't say."

"That will be your surprise." Jihyo clasped her hands. "Don't worry though. He won't bite."

Yoongi hummed.

"If you have any questions, I'll be here. You can go on up to meet him. Third floor, down the right most hallway."