🏃‍♂️17🏃‍♂️

"He forgave me

"He forgave me."

"As I knew he would." Jungkook smiled.

"You suck sometimes, you know." Namjoon laughed.

"I've got to make things interesting."

"Oh, I'm sure." He paused, "You know, he forgave me, but I don't feel like he did."

"Jimin's going to doubt you. He'll think this is all just another trick. His trust is not easily regained."

Namjoon hummed, "I feel like a piece of shit," He said, grinning stupidly.

"You are a piece of shit." Jungkook responded, no hesitation.

"Thanks."

Jungkook's fingers flexed lightly, "You did a great job, Namjoon. I know you don't think so yet, but you did. Jimin needed that."

"I needed that."

"You did. How are you feeling?"

"A bit shaky, feels like there's a storm in my stomach, so I'd say I'm still pretty nervous. I feel relieved though, really relieved."

"Did you not think he'd forgive you?"

"Seriously?" He laughed, "You knew exactly what I was thinking. He hates me-or hated me, whatever it stands as now. I thought for sure he'd say no before I even opened my mouth."

"Jimin forgives everybody. That's common knowledge around here."

"Common knowledge for everybody but me."

"Of course."

Namjoon sighed, "So he really forgave me?"

"He's forgiven you mentally, but not with his heart. That will take time."

"That's better than not at all." He sat up in his chair, "So, how are things with the volunteer?"

"He's still with his friend."

"What? It's been a month now, hasn't it?"

"Yes, but it's really not a big deal-"

"It is, Jungkook. He's supposed to be here with you. Not over there."

"But it's his friend. I can't just tell him to not go there."

"Yeah, but I volunteer and I still come to see you. Can't he split his time?"

Jungkook went silent, his lips closing together tightly. Namjoon had gotten through. The brunette in the hospital bed had become special to him through only one visit, well, if you could even consider it that. He had been the wake up call the dusty pink haired had needed, the one he yearned to hear, and it had been Jungkook's voice to him in the hallway that had been the ringer. And for the third attempt at calling him, he finally picked up. Jungkook had been reasonable. He'd offered points that Namjoon had never considered, or maybe he did and just never admitted that to himself. He found himself okay with mutants. Maybe he always had. A lot of maybes surrounded him these days. A lot of indecisiveness and stress came right along with that. In the end, however, he had Jungkook to thank and for that, he'd always be grateful.