🏃‍♂️20🏃‍♂️

"Got any fives?"

"Got any fives?"

"Go fish. Twos?"

Wendy sighed and slid a card across the coffee table towards a smirking Dalyn.

It was a pretty quiet day in the rec room, there was the occasional chatter, but nothing too loud. Wendy and Dalyn were playing Go Fish on the coffee table, Wendy's back pressed against the middle of the couch with Dalyn sitting cross legged across from her. Jinki and Kibum sat on either side of Wendy on the couch and Seoryoung was sitting in an armchair next to the sofa. Jisung was sitting in one of the plastic chairs that he had pulled up next to Seoryoung's chair. Taehyung was in the room too, but in one of the far corners with his brand new volunteer, Jung Hoseok. Yoongi sat next to Jungkook in a new love seat that Jihyo had brought in a few days prior, Jungkook's wheelchair was folded up and leaning against the edge of the seat.

Yoongi kept his eye on the two in the corner, more specifically on Hoseok. Even though the two had only met just two or three months and some days prior, the blue haired couldn't help but feel a little protective over the younger male. It wasn't that he didn't trust Taehyung, it was that he couldn't trust Hoseok. The kid had a bad habit of saying things that might slightly offend the listener. It had happened already more than once. With Taehyung, however, he seemed to not be as easily hurt. Or overwhelmed by the sea of words that spilled out of Hoseok's mouth. The red head certainly did have a talent for talking.

"Don't worry, Hyung." Jungkook said softly, holding his hand towards the duo, "Hoseok's doing just fine. Taehyung thinks he's great."

Yoongi smiled and turned his head back to Jungkook, slowly grabbing the younger male's hand and holding it tightly in his own, "Thanks, Kook. I just worry sometimes."

"I know, but Taehyung's thick skinned. Whatever Hoseok might accidentally say can't be worse than what he's going through."

"I think that goes for all of us." Minho sighed.

Jinki responded with a tired, "Here, here."

"Some of us they didn't catch, but most of us here.. The experimentation got." Minho added.

Seoryoung put a hand on her heart and Jisung closed his mouth tightly.

"I'm.. I'm really sorry, guys." Yoongi said quietly.

"No, Yoongi, it's fine. It's what happened and that's in the past." Jungkook said.

"Yeah." Minho nodded and then laughed, "You know, it's pretty funny looking back on it. Traumatic but funny. They really thought we were monkeys or some shit. I thought I was gonna be sent up to space in one of those rockets like Ham the chimp. Brain washed into moving the Earth into the sun with my mind."

"Mhm. The scientists were nothing more than nuttos handed a building to hold us in and some baseless theories." Seoryoung said sourly, "My power was used for disgusting purposes for idiots who couldn't keep it to themselves." She sighed, "I was lucky that I was a one trick pony for them and nothing was done to me. It was the escaping that was the hardest." She rubbed her chest softly.