🏃‍♂️05🏃‍♂️

When Yoongi was younger, he was told to never approach the door

When Yoongi was younger, he was told to never approach the door. Every kid in his neighborhood knew not to. They had all heard different things, Minnie heard that whatever was in there was frightening, Jae said that people who went there never came back. Seonghwa claimed that they were weird, and thus, the door, the house, and the people within were a complete mystery.

While those rumors of people eating monsters and nightmares scared most kids away from even glancing at the rich brown door, all it did was make Yoongi curious, so very curious. He had always been like that. Curious to the core. If there was a bump in the night, Yoongi would be right out of his covers and dashing towards the sound. Any old, rotting shed in the neighborhood was long since explored by the great discoverer Min Yoongi. Any unknown object or new presence, he would observe, record, and research until he became an expert on whatever it was. So, as you would expect, this house, with its uncharted territories and intriguing rumors, was right up Yoongi's alley. 

At first, he didn't do anything with that curiosity, after all, most of the rumors were composed of just straight nightmares, who'd want to face that? However, it didn't take long for all that pent up curiosity to become too much and overwhelm him. So, without much resistance, he found himself running down his street, his feet only stopping once he was in front of the house. 

He could understand why the house was subject to rumors like those. The yard was shaggy and the roof shingles were beginning to fall off and land in spots around the yard. The brick and siding were covered in filth and the old screen door was falling off at the hinges and was dangling wide open. He was sure he'd never seen the windows properly open and they always seemed so soulless, if that made sense, like there was barely any life in them. All the play equipment was filled with weeds and ivy and soccer balls were left abandoned in the tall grass.

He took a couple of exhausted breaths as he looked at the lifeless windows which stared back at him with the same sort of curiosity. The fear he had felt when he first thought about going up and knocking on the door came back in an overwhelming amount. What if whatever was in there actually would bite his arm off? What if he did wind up running away screaming?

The same fear that had surrounded knocking on the door on that day surrounded him as he stood there looking at the hospital door. He was going to do it, he knew he would, but it almost frightened him, the idea of actually doing it. He took a breath. He could do this. He was Min Yoongi. The Min Yoongi that knocked on a door was a hell of a lot scarier than this one. He could and would do this. 

He bit his lip. Should he knock or-?

"I told you to come in!" The slightly impatient voice that resonated through the door startled Yoongi, who immediately retracted his hand that was curled up as to knock on the door. 

Yoongi hesitantly reached out and turned the door knob. The room was the same as it was when he first came in those short couple of weeks ago. The only difference now was that he could see someone in the bed rather than an empty space where its inhabitant should be. He was a pale boy with long, bushy brown hair that looked like it hadn't seen a good pair of scissors in a while. His head, specifically his eye area, was wrapped in white cotton bandages. He was wearing a blue hospital gown, a fleece sweater with its fair share of holes, intentional or not, Yoongi didn't know, overtop of it. He didn't seem to respond to the door opening, in fact, he didn't even turn his head or say anything in acknowledgement of his presence. This made Yoongi wonder if he really had heard a voice or if it was someone else down the hallway who was responding to some annoying friend or a nurse who simply didn't care enough to listen for their voices unless they were the volume of shouts. 

"Hello," Yoongi took a step forward, "Hello, Jungkook, I'm-"

Jungkook's hand shot up towards the blue haired male, his fingers outstretched, "Min Yoongi. I know. You're my volunteer this year." A soft sort of smile spread on the brunette's face, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise." Yoongi shut the door behind him, "I've been waiting a while to meet you." How did he know my name?

"Sorry. I guess you could say that I was testing you." The boy bit his lip, like he was keeping something in.

"I figured. It has to be tough finding someone to stick with, the way things are these days." Did Jimin tell him?

The brunette hummed, "No, Jimin didn't."

That response startled Yoongi. It was like he could tell what the blue haired was thinking. Could he? Yoongi wasn't one to get nervous usually, but something about the person in the hospital bed in front of him was intimidating. It was like all that airy confidence and swagger that he usually carried about him had vanished the second Jungkook had spoken. There was something about him, something he just couldn't pinpoint, like it was on the tip of his tongue, but wouldn't slip off, not even with the aid of all the words his vocal pipes could muster pushing against it. How in the hell..? How did you do that?

"Simple deduction of the mind, my dear Min." Jungkook laughed quietly, "I'm a living invasion of privacy, I guess."

You can read my thoughts?

"Sure can, hyung."

Then um, then repeat these words. Purple. Monkey. Twenty-eight. Sparkle.

"Purple. Monkey. Twenty-eight. Sparkle." The brunette gave him a cocky smile, "Got anything hard?"

"Wow." Yoongi said, a grin spreading on his lips. That is so- so cool.

"I guess it is." 

"Holy shit."

 A moment of silence passed before Jungkook tilted his head, seemingly confused, "You aren't leaving?"

"No? Why would I?"

"Usually this is when the others would transfer out."

"Well, I'm not the others." Don't worry, I'll stay.

"I'd like it if you would."

"Then I will, I promise."

Jungkook smiled, "Really?"

Of course.

"Thank you, Yoongi."

Word Count: 1089

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, I have no motivation to do anything. I swear that I'll try and get everything back on track schedule wise!
Thank you all so much for reading and I'll see you next week!!