🏃‍♂️Epilogue🏃‍♂️

WARNING: Slight NSFW references and themes, and dark concepts discussed

WARNING:
Slight NSFW references and themes, and dark concepts discussed.
Thank you so much.
Enjoy.

The sewers beneath the hospital were dark and cold. Drips of water leaking out of cracks in the foundation echoed through the silence and seemed to go on forever. Jungkook had long fallen quiet, deep in unwakeable sleep after the events that unfolded earlier. While Yoongi did enjoy how close the younger had gotten in his sleep, the silence was beginning to get unbearable. Just him and the soft tinking of water on water and metal.

Tink.

Tink.

Tink.

Thinking about it, it was kind of odd how silent it was in here. Just fifteen minutes ago the whole sewer tunnel had been filled with mutants and hospital staff, all murmuring and whispering amongst themselves. While their echoed shock and sadness had been creepy, the silence was even worse. At least then he had confirmation that he wasn't alone down there. Wherever they were or had gone, they weren't making much, if any, noise at all. Not even a faint sound. 

Yoongi knew he'd be slower than others, considering the boy in his arms, but he couldn't have been that slow, right? The last few patients had dribbled in just before the first floor rescue team had locked the entrance down, per Jihyo's request. There were still plenty of stragglers left near the mouth of the tunnel, likely waiting for Jihyo's calm and leader-like energy. Yoongi and Jungkook were in no way alone when they first started this journey, so how were they alone now?

Well, for whatever reason the others had simply vanished, he was glad to have the younger with him, and safe for that matter. That guy who shot Jungkook's wheelchair was going to have hell to pay if Yoongi ever found him. So much wouldn't have had to happen if it wasn't for that murderous asshole. Jungkook wouldn't have had his suicidal episode, trying to get Yoongi to leave him. He wouldn't have been so slow moving down the hallway. BM- BM..

BM wouldn't have died.

Tink.

Tink.

Tink.

It wasn't Jungkook's fault. Yoongi knew that. He wasn't sure if the younger did, but he should. It was no one's fault. They could ponder the what ifs and what could have beens, but at the end of the day, Yoongi knew BM would have done it all over again. He was just that kind of guy. 

Jungkook shuffled in the older's arms, his head moving in closer to Yoongi's neck. The blue haired planted a soft kiss in the brunette's hair, remaining there for a few seconds before returning his attention to the tunnel in front of him.