🏃‍♂️14🏃‍♂️

She had said, "Hi, how can I help you?" In the sweetest voice Yoongi had heard

She wasn't what he had been expecting. He was sure she'd come out in rags or dirty clothes. Her face would be all wrinkled and aged. Her hair would be all fussed up and tangled, a jungle on her head. He was sure she'd yell and demand him off her property. Saying she'd seen enough kids  who were dared to step on her porch in her time and wouldn't take it any longer. That she'd threaten to eat him. But here she was, sweet as a honeybee. Smiling at him with prim hair and clothes and sugar in her voice. It threw him off guard in more ways than one. He had only been able to stutter at first, and she seemed understanding of it. When he confessed why he was there in the first place, her smile grew and she laughed, confusing him further. 

"We're not monsters, just a little.. Out of the ordinary." She had said, still smiling, "Besides, you're the first to knock on our door, so no one really knows, right?" 

He nodded, returning her smile. He turned slightly towards the yard, the play equipment once again gaining his attention.

"Whose is that?" He asked her quietly.

"Oh, those are my son's things." She sat quietly looking out at the yard, then spoke again, "Would you like to meet him?"

Yoongi tensed, which the pretty lady noticed.

"Oh, don't worry, he won't bite. Unless provoked." She smiled.

He nodded his head after a moment of thought and hesitation, and the woman backed up a little through the door frame. 

"I'll be back, alright?"

He nodded, fiddling with his fingers as he watched her advance into the house's hall and turning out of sight.

The house, from what he could see into, was a warm cream color. There was a table with the stain wearing off and chips taken out of the legs placed against the right wall, a small vase with sunflowers sitting on it. There was a light brown rug, maybe a tan color, lying on the floor. A coat rack sat in the left corner closest to the door with three or four coats and a scarf tossed lazily on it. It wasn't as dark as he originally thought it was. It was certainly brighter than what the kids at school said it would be like, if he could even trust that information any more.

He could hear her heels hitting the wood floor as she came back towards him, someone else in tow slightly behind her. 

"Meet my son, Hyo-"

"Are you even awake, Yoongi? You haven't said anything in a while." Seokjin asked, as he walked down the hall, the blue haired by his side.

"Hm?"

"You're out of it today, dude. I've been talking to you for several minutes and haven't gotten a word out of you."

"Sorry, got lost in my train of thought." Yoongi admitted, making Seokjin sigh, "So, where are we headed?"