🏃‍♂️25🏃‍♂️

WARNING: Mentions of Violence, Mentions of Blood, Character Death, and Other Sensitive Subjects

Incredibly long chapter ahead, grab your tissues and some snacks and settle in for this rollercoaster of a chapter :)

"D-Day? Jungkook, what-"

"I don't have time to explain." Jungkook reached out for his wheelchair, slowly scooting himself to the edge of his bed, "I need to get to the others. I need to-" A painful sounding thud echoed through the empty, silent air as he fell between his bed and the wheelchair, a strangled cry escaping the brunette's lips. "I need to save them. I need to help them." He placed a hand to his bandaged eyes as he began to cry. "God, why am I so useless?"

Yoongi climbed out of the wingback chair he was perched in and held the younger's hand, removing it from his face, and gently pressed a kiss to his knuckles. "Jungkook-ah. I promised you that I'd be your eyes and legs and I will fulfill that. Forever and always."

He gently lifted the younger off of the floor and seated him on the black plush cushion of the chair.

"Hyungie, I-"

"No time to explain, right?" The elder flashed a smile which Jungkook reciprocated warmly as he began to push the younger speedily through the hall. "Where are we headed?"

"They should be in position. They've been preparing for this-"

"I know. I witnessed it first hand."

"Did Kibum hit you with a bowl?"

"Nearly."

Jungkook sighed, "Well, anyways, we need to get to the first point. There's an exit to the building that's only accessible from the second floor. Jihyo helped wall in the door on the first floor that used to lead there and it's not commonly known, especially by normies." He pointed as the duo rounded a corner. "Take the elevator here."

"The powers out."

"The elevators run off of a separate generator. They may have cut the central infrastructure, but they can't get to Jihyo's precautions." The elevator dinged and the doors slid open, the yellow light bleeding out into the darkness of the third floor. "The plan is to protect any entry point to the second floor as best as we can. Prevent any normies with bad intentions from breaching the emergency exit. We need to get as many patients as we can out, and they need to be safe when that happens."

"Where does the emergency exit go? It can't lead out into the back of the building. They're bound to have this place surrounded."

"They do have us surrounded. There's a huge circle enclosing this place as we speak." The elevator shuddered and the lights blinked. "The emergency exit leads down under the building. This place used to be a normie hospital way back when. They had a special tunnel to wheel the dead out of, you know, to not frighten other patients. They tried to seal it off when the place was being turned over to a mutant hospital, but they only managed to close off the exit before the original buyers of the building threatened to sue. Now, the sewer system runs directly beneath that tunnel, so, over the years, some mutants have been working on making a way to get down there. With those tunnels, you can get pretty much anywhere in the city."