six

a song written easily
chapter six - and so i met you

DAY 2 IN GAIA

It was about 7:30am and Xion was the first to wake up. He didn't sleep well the whole night. All he could think about was Dongmyeong, Xion would always try to call him every night or at least text him before going to sleep. But he can't do that now as the phone service doesn't work. Xion didn't want Dongmyeong to worry about him....

A few minutes after Xion woke up, Seoho and Ravn also woke ups from their sleep. "Oh Dongju, you're awake. Did you sleep well?" Ravn rubbed his eyes and yawned as he looked at Xion. Xion lightly nodded his head before placing his head back onto the table.

One by one, the test started waking up. The boys talked for a bit before Hwanwoong suggested something. "Should we go shop for some new clothes? Since firstly we stink. Secondly we can't possibly wear the same clothes continuously for however long we are going to be stuck here."

The hyung line looked at each other and agreed before heading down the streets to look for some clothes. Though they found out that they could use their credit cards, it still didn't mean that they could spend their money however they liked. It was better to have emergency money. In the end, the boys bought two plain white tees and two pairs of jeans.

The six boys squeezed into one changing room and waited for Ravn to style each one of them. He took a shirt from one person and matched it with jeans from another and a cot from another person. After a couple of swaps, the boys were dressed and ready for the pre-audition.

It was almost 8:30am so the boys rushed to Mnet building as fast as they could and looked for the scouting manager they met yesterday. They pranced about frantically looking for the lady but to no avail. Suddenly, someone tapped Xion on the shoulder. He turned around and saw a tall brownish haired girl. "You guys are uhh ONEUS right? Come with me!" She smiled and walked into the building.

Seoho whacked Xion on his back causing Xion to glare at him. "Dongju ah that girl is the female version of you. Son Hyejoo." Xion stood there shocked, just staring at the young girl who was standing by the entrance of the building. Eventually, Keonhee had to pull Xion by his arm into the building.

Hyejoo led the boys towards TO HEART's waiting room. "Okay before you go in let me introduce myself. I am Son Hyejoo, the maknae of TO HEART, a girl group under RBW Entertainment. My members and I saw your busking performance yesterday and feel like you boys would fit into RBW really well. My members and I will be the ones to judge you boys for the pre-audition so good luck!"

She smiled and opened the door behind her, signalling them to enter. "Oh my god hello!"

Inside the room were the TO HEART members, they stood up and greeted the boys. "2! 3! Annyeonghaseyo, we are TO HEART! I am Kim Jisoo, the group's leader." "I am Lee Chaeyoung." "I am Kim Sihyeon." "I am Lee Jungeun." "I am Yeo Jiwon." "And you boys already know me, I am Son Hyejoo! Please introduce yourselves." Once the girls finished introducing themselves, they sat back down onto the sofa while the boys moved further in and stood in a straight line in front of them.

 The boys all looked towards Hwanwoong and got themselves emotionally ready. "2! 3! ONE! US! Annyeonghaseyo, we are ONEUS!" The boys bowed and greeted the girls.

"I am Lee Youngjo or Ravn. I am the main rapper and producer of the group."

"I am Lee Seoho. I am the main vocalist of the group."

"I am Kim Gunhak or Leedo. I am the main rapper of the group."

"I am Lee Keonhee. I am the main vocalist of the group."

"I am Yeo Hwanwoong. I am the main dancer of the group."

"I am Son Dongju or Xion. I am the maknae of the group."

After introductions were done, the girls asked ONEUS multiple questions. Some being why they had a group name and why they had positions but no formal leader. All sorts of funky stuff but finally it was time for the boys to show their skills.

"Do you guys have any self-composed songs? Can we have at least one self-composed song performance? We will give you guys a minute to discuss about it." The boys nodded and huddled together to start choosing their songs.

Ravn reached his hand out and pulled the members together. "Okay so I was thinking we could start of with Lit then move on to Bad Boy and end off with ZigZag. It's a good variety of song genres so I think we would be safe." The boys nodded in agreement and got to their positions to begin the performance.

As the first song came to an end, the girls gave the boys a round of applause. "Woah... And you guys really never had any form of training whatsoever? Not even in school?" Chaeyoung widened her eyes and looked at Keonhee expecting an answer from him. He wiped his sweat and nodded slightly. 'I mean I knew we were good but I never knew we were that good... Plus that is our recent comeback title track if we flopped that, the trainers wouldn't have let us out of the dance room.

The girls whispered stuff to each other while the boys got ready for their next performance. The second song started playing, it was Bad Boy. Watching how swiftly the boys moved their bodies and how stable they were despite the tough choreography, the TO HEART members were shocked at how well the ONEUS kids performed for non-trainees.

As the song came to an end, Sihyeon looked up at the boys and asked, "Anything else?".

"Yeah... We have one last song, this is also a self-composed song along with Lit."

ZigZag began playing and the boys swiftly got into their positions. As Seoho sung his high note easily, the girls were so shocked that all their mouths were wide open. "I- I don't even know what to say-"

The boys simply stood there and smiled, not really knowing what to say.

"Okay we need to record down your ring numbers, names and contact information. If you guys could just follow me." Jisoo led the boys to this table and they took turns to write down the necessary information. Xion was beyond shocked that this place had rings and ring numbers too. He wondered if they knew what the numbers meant. 

One by one, the boys handed their rings to Jisoo for her to record the numbers down.

Kim Youngjo, Ravn. 2310777468190. Lee Seoho. 4109823357368. Kim Gunhak, Leedo. 0387942176532. Lee Keonhee. 4273061053128. Yeo Hwanwoong. 8320196450827. Son Dongju, Xion. 3714268093537.

Suddenly, Jisoo's expression changed for the worse. She frowned as she stared at the piece of paper with the boys' numbers written on it. "Chaeyoung ah, Sihyeon ah come here for a second!" Jisoo walked towards Sihyeon and Chaeyoung and whispered some stuff to them while pointing towards the boys' numbers.

The boys were getting fidgety and nervous. Was something wrong? Out of a sudden, a click sound was heard. Jungeun had locked the door and the girls all bundled up together at the other end of the room and stared at the boys with weird gazes.

"Tell us who you guys are!" Jisoo shouted from across the room. The boys were dumbfounded. They had just introduced themselves and now the girls were acting all weirdly. "Explain to us how all of your numbers are identical to our!?"